chapter five

juliet and the five drivers walked into the club and scoped for a large booth to sit. it was very dark with flashing red and blue lights, so juliet naturally reached forward to grab onto her brother's hand. she found pierre and moved away from charles to continue moving through the crowd.

they eventually found a booth and filed in, pierre sitting closest to the wall across from daniel. juliet sat beside her brother, across from carlos, and then max sat beside him. charles got caught in the crowd, and approached the group last. he shifted into the last available seat, beside juliet.

max asked the group about a first round of drinks, to which they all agreed. four shots each later, juliet got up to get the second round—including beers for the guys and a spicy margarita for herself.

"juliet, what do you do for a living?" max spoke up as the sextet continued chatting at their table. the seating arrangement had changed a bit, now with juliet and the red bull driver sitting the furthest in across from one another.

"i'm in the middle of school. i just took the law school admission test and am waiting for my results. and then hopefully i'll get into law school and finish my education," she explained to the dutch driver. "but right now i'm on summer vacation."

"ah, very nice. you must be quite a smart one..." he winked and the gasly couldn't help but blush. they continued chatting with each other for a bit.

charles, at the end of the booth across from the other gasly, was engaged in conversation with carlos, daniel, and pierre. he glanced at juliet for a split second and noticed she was smiling giddily at max. charles knew max was in a relationship, and juliet was pierre's little sister, but there was an inch of jealousy in him.

pierre noticed his miniscule change in mood—as best friends do—and shot his head up at him, tapping him on the hand. "ça-va?" he asked and charles was snapped out of his jealous gaze. "oui, oui," charles nodded quickly, reassuring pierre.

juliet chugged the last sip of her drink and loudly slammed it against the table, startling the drivers. she raised her arms and sat up, exclaiming "who wants to dance?"

the girl made her way to the dance floor, not knowing who was following her. "pierre, i think i like your sister more than you," daniel stood up from the table and trailed behind her. charles' eyes followed the australian as he walked and found juliet on the floor. he watched them jump around and dance for a while, sipping his beer and trying to not seem distracted to the other drivers. pierre stood up and tapped him, pointing that he was going to the dance floor. so charles followed.

"charles! pierre! glad you both decided to stop being boring old fucks!" juliet cheered loudly, and all three drivers laughed. pierre was slightly scared—he had never seen his sister like this; but that's part of growing up. "dance!" she yelled.

charles continued watching the girl let loose to the music while he bopped his head. she looked so happy. so happy and free and beautiful. she ran her hands through her hair as she held her arms up in the air and sang to a random club song. he was distracted until he felt someone grab his hands.

"c'mon! you're the only one standing around!" he looked up and saw juliet with his hands in hers. he scanned around and noticed that pierre and daniel had disappeared into another crowd. juliet laughed and led the way, swinging his arms. charles finally gave in and let loose himself, dancing and jumping beside the girl. the pair were smushed together as the crowd moved, their bodies rubbing against one another.

"sorry," charles exclaimed as he was shoved into juliet. they were very close now; juliet could smell his cologne. they continued to move to the rhythm and she had never felt happier.

across the floor, daniel and pierre were now standing at the edge, drinking and talking. the australian was the first to notice charles and juliet's close proximity, and he turned to pierre. "is your sister with charles?" he implied that the two were dating, causing a swift head turn from the other french. "what?"

daniel simply pointed to the two dancing. pierre watched them for a couple of seconds, catching their laughs and constant smiles. sure, it was a bit weird, his best friend and sister, but he saw them having fun and that was honestly all that mattered. "no idea, mate," he turned back to daniel, sipping his beer. "they look like they're having fun!" daniel said loudly and the two drivers continued watching the pair.

the lights continued flashing on the dance floor for hours before people started to clear off and go home. but not for juliet and charles. they were absolutely living. charles was never the type to spend hours on end in a club crowd jumping, dancing, and drinking. he had no idea what made him want to do it tonight. actually, he did.

notes!
f1 silly season is
upon us and lemme
say boy is it entertaining