chapter twenty-eight

INSTAGRAM!
pierregasly shared a post!

liked by julietgasly, charles_leclerc and others pierregasly happy birthday to one of my best mates

pierregasly happy birthday to one of my best mates. have a great weekend and don't beat me in the race! love you petit calamardo 🦑❤️

charles_leclerc merci mate! ❤️
pierregasly liked this comment!

alex_albon HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLITOOO
charles_leclerc thank you albono 😂😂

user16 my favourite bromance ever 🫂
user33 piarles reigns supreme ❤️❤️

julietgasly happy birthday brothers best friend
charles_leclerc thank you best friends sister
user21 what the actual fuck

landonorris HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARLES
charles_leclerc thank you landino 😉
pierregasly get off my post lando

load more comments...

———

        after much trouble from pierre, lando, george and alex, charles had managed to get out of going out for dinner on thursday. which meant his girlfriend could take him out for his birthday.

juliet had started off her surprise night by telling him she'd pick him up and drive, which shocked the monégasque. he was a race car driver for fuck's sake.

he checked his phone to see a text from juliet saying she was outside. walking over to his mirror, he fixed the collar of his dress shirt and fluffed his hair. he always wanted to look good for her, since she looked good all the time.

the boy walked out of his room and stepped into the elevator, riding it down a few floors. it stopped on floor 4, and charles felt caught when victoria and lando appeared as the door opened.

the couple walked in, charles and lando sharing a quick nod. "where are you off to, mate?" lando snapped sarcastically, obviously realizing he was bailing on the guys.

victoria immediately slapped lando's arm, "don't be a loser, lan," she smiled and gave an endearing smile to charles. victoria had told lando everything; and he seemed to be the only guy on the grid who knew about juliet and charles.

"what? i know he's going out with juliet," lando quipped, jokily rubbing the spot she hit. "have fun with your girlfriend," he mocked, receiving a nice laugh from charles.

the elevator dinged and the couple left, victoria turning around to charles. "have fun, happy birthday."

charles nodded graciously and rode down to the lobby, where he walked out and saw her. she was leaning against a white ferrari, dangling the keys in her hands.

he was speechless when he saw her. mostly because of the car she had—where did she get it?, and secondly because she just looked...perfect. but that was always the case when it came to her.

juliet glanced up and saw him approaching her. she immediately hopped up and ran towards him, engulfing him in a huge hug as he lifted her a bit off the ground.

"happy birthday," she grinned and kissed his lips softly, pulling away after a few seconds.

"thank you, mon ange," charles smiled, grabbing her hand and interlocking their fingers. "where the fuck did you get that?" he pointed at the car.

"you forget i've become buddies with all your crew and friends...i can manage to get a car for a night," juliet explained to him. "now let's see how fast i can crash it!" she laughed, keeping her grip on his hand and pulling them both to the car.

she opened the passenger door for charles and he stepped in, juliet quickly whipping around to the other door and getting in herself. "i swear i can drive a car!"

and charles believed her. she pulled out of the hotel and gave charles the job of putting on some good music. he quickly put on some coldplay, which, who was surprised, and they drove off.

with a pretty long drive ahead of them (okay, like 30 minutes give or take), juliet kept her eyes on the road, glancing at the title of the song playing every so often. she felt charles' eyes gazing at her.

"what?" she chuckled, catching his stare and smiling big.

"you look good driving this car," he said, "very good," he continued seductively. juliet blushed at his words. "i might need to let you keep it."

"please, i hate obnoxious sports cars," she admitted, "i only got this because it's your special day, ferrari boy."

the drive continued for about fifteen more minutes, until juliet suddenly pulled after getting off the freeway. "quale?" charles reacted in italian, "un problème?" he added in french.

"non, im just gonna need you to put this on," she reached into the glovebox and pulled out a red bandanna. she handed it to him, and his eyes widened as she did so. "che cazzo?"

"it's a surprise, mon ange," she grinned, watching as he hesitantly tied it around his head. she started up the car again and drove for a couple more minutes until she reached the destination.

pulling into the parking lot, she stopped the car and tapped charles' arm. "okay, we're here...i'm gonna help you out. une minute."

charles soon heard the door open and felt juliet grab his arms and help him out of the car. she locked their arms and slowly walked, finally stopping after a generous walk to the front of the venue.

"alright, we're at the front," she moved her hands onto his shoulders. "i'm gonna take this off. happy birthday charles." she untied the bandanna and he looked up.

"thought i'd let you get in some practice for the weekend," she smiled as he finally realized where they were.

charles' eyes locked on the sign in front of him. suzuka international racing course. they stood at turn 1. it was empty; the teams weren't set to arrive until early tomorrow morning. he looked at the empty track, the one he'd lost his godfather at.

"it's been four years. i thought we could pay our respect, and then use those," she pointed at the two go-karts on the side of the track. "and let me beat your ass in a race."

charles' eyes brightened as she told him what they'd be doing. he turned to her and wrapped his arms around her back. "thank you, thank you so much," he grinned and pressed his lips on hers.

notes!
hello bestiesssss
i was gonna fit in the
actual date in this, but
i'm actually about to
pass out so look out for
the next chapter ☺️☺️