chapter thirty

iMESSAGE!
charles leclerc and juliet gasly

ferrari guy ❤️

i would've posted thison instagram but pierrewould've seen it andgotten pissed

on instagram but pierre
would've seen it and
gotten pissed

mon ange
ahaha yes that man is
glued to his phone
but thanks? idk it's a
cute picture

ferrari guy ❤️
it sure is
what are you
doing today?

mon ange
pierre and i are
going out
he said he needed
to talk to me

ferrari guy ❤️
is everything okay?

mon ange
i think so
i think something
is up with kate
she hasn't come to a
single race this season
since imola

ferrari guy ❤️
ohh
well good luck
i love you

mon ange
i love you too

———

        charles sat in his hotel room with lando, george and alex as they finished up their video games for the day. the quartet was now spread all over the room, sitting on couches and beds and relaxing with a football game on the tv.

"mate, stop grinning at your phone," alex yelled at charles, "we know you're texting your girlfriend."

"shut up albono," charles quipped back, turning off his phone after seeing juliet's reply.

"you're so whipped," george commented, the only single one in the group. "what'd she even say?"

"that she loved me back," charles sheepishly replied, finally looking up at the four guys.

"fuck mate, me and vic haven't even said that yet," lando was the first to reply, and charles couldn't help but laugh at george's reaction out the side of his eye.

"y'know mate, i don't really want to hear about this stuff," george rolled his eyes, burying his head in a pillow on the bed.

"sorry," lando's smile fell and he smirked. "did you tell pierre yet?"

"no..." charles drawled out, "and, to be honest, i'm kinda scared. he's going to kill me."

"you'll be fine," alex comforted him, "just make it clear that this isn't a one-time thing, you're not gonna hurt her."

"plus, gasly knows you're an angel when it comes to your girlfriends," george spoke up.

"alright, thanks guys."

———

        pierre and juliet were brought to their table at a random restaurant pierre had chosen. he had knocked on her door an hour ago asking if they could just go and talk.

he'd felt distant from her. hell, he'd felt distant from everyone. life wasn't particularly easy at the moment for him; between anthoine and dealing with the red bull drop, there's wasn't much time to sit down and have fun.

the siblings stayed silent as the waiter placed water down on the table, just reading through the menu. juliet quickly decided on what she wanted and closed the menu up, placing it back on the table. she watched as pierre kept staring at it. almost for too long.

"p, are you okay?" she asked quietly, making his eyes dart up from the menu.

"je ne sais pas," he mumbled, "i just don't seem to have the drive to do anything anymore."

"oh," was all juliet could mutter out, sighing at her brother's words.

"i broke up with katerina," he said, "i couldn't let her be a part of my fucked up life."

juliet's eyes widened at his words, but she wasn't surprised. what hurt her was the way he talked about his life; it was far from fucked up.

"pierre..." she drawled out, not even knowing where to start. "your life is not fucked up. we all go through tough times and find ways to cope. you...you're just not having the easiest time doing it. and the fact that all people do is bring it up is far from helping."

he placed down his menu and gave his full attention to juliet. "you're gonna get through it, i promise. you just need time and support. and now with the summer break, you'll get to heal. and i'll be there for you the entire time."

"thank you," pierre softly said, and juliet barely heard him. he wasn't the type to just thank her.

"and as far as katerina, i'm sorry. but you're a great guy. your forever is just around the corner."

pierre listened to his sister's words and smiled. he had hope. he knew he just needed a break from everything and he'd be right back. and juliet was going to be there forever.

"i know...i'm just...so fucking tired, julie. i just want everything to go back to normal and i want 'tonio back," pierre moaned, almost tearing up.

"i want to be with someone...i truly do. but now i'm scared that one day they're gonna miraculously leave, and i'll be back to square one," he continued.

"merde," he mumbled under his breath after he finished. juliet didn't even know what to say to him. how hadn't she caught on that he was this hurt? this...destroyed?

"uh..." juliet started, but the words left her mind. she didn't know how to make him feel better.

"it's okay, nobody ever knows what to say when i tell them these things..." pierre sighed.

who else has he told? "and who else have you told?" she queried, worried.

"maman, papa, kate, pyry and charles," he listed off, and juliet's breath hitched at the last name.

charles knew that pierre was this upset?

— notes!
hey y'all i'm backkkk

been absolutely binging
the world cup i've basically
done nothing but school, work
and watch the games

but here we areeeeee

and my lil present is coming
next week...happy holidays
besties 🫶🏼🫶🏼