chapter twenty-three

iMESSAGE!
" paddle mates 🤠🤠 "
charles - mr ferrari
pierre - the 🥖
george - brussel sprouts
lando - the milk man 🥛
alex - albono!!

the 🥖
good morning mates

the milk man 🥛
gas man!!

brussel sprouts
morning everyone
who changed the chat name?

the milk man 🥛
your sister took my phone

brussel sprouts
right
i forgot you guys are...yeah

albono!!
wow george be more obvious

the 🥖
can anyone play today?

mr ferrari
hey mates sorry no

the milk man 🥛
what're you up to charles?
hiding something?

mr ferrari
what?
i'm taking my mum out
on the yacht

the milk man 🥛
just joking
pierre i could play

albono!!
me too

brussel sprouts
id love to but i missed
my flight last night and
haven't gotten to monaco yet

albono!!
george you dumb fuck

brussel sprouts
hey! language!
we have a child in the chat!

the milk man 🥛
i know you don't mean
me george

brussel sprouts
i can neither confirm
nor deny

the 🥖
this is funny

mr ferrari
very

the milk man 🥛
shut up french people

the 🥖
rude
so alex and lando, want
to meet up at 12?

albono!!
yes mr gasly

the milk man 🥛
okay yes, see you
both there

———

        charles threw his phone on the couch when he heard a knock on his apartment door. he sprung across the room, only stopping to look at his hair in the mirror and run his hands through it to fix it up a bit.

he twisted open the door to reveal the cutest girl he'd ever seen. juliet stood there, her eyes looking up at him with the biggest smile on his face.

"hi..." he greeted her, a bit confused as to why she looked so eager and smiley. he got his answer when she didn't even respond, but just jumped forward and placed her lips on his.

"that's a congratulations for your win in monza," she quipped, grinning and walking into the apartment.

she walked into his living room and saw the large monza trophy sitting on his shelf. "woah, i can't believe you won that thing," she said, picking it up. "it's so beautiful."

"i know..." he replied, walking towards her.

juliet's memory of watching the monza race flooded into her mind instantly. she sat in the international university of monaco after just finishing her tour of the school.

with the race streaming on her small phone screen, she watched contently as the boys in red consistently dominated the top positions. she didn't even care about where pierre was, the number 16 was the only thing on her mind.

"we can see the celebration starting, he's got one more corner, the famous parabolica to go. mercedes threw everything at him today, charles leclerc has coped brilliantly! he won in spa, he wins in monza! charles leclerc is the winner of the 2019 italian grand prix!"

she stared at the screen in awe and watched the podium ceremony and post-race interviews. yes, she had already seen him win his first f1 race, live at spa, but this was different. his win in spa was for anthoine; this was for him. to show the drivers, the tifosi, and everyone who watched f1 to keep their eyes out for charles leclerc.

"but i don't trust you holding it," charles laughed, grabbing the trophy out of her hands and breaking her from her memory of last weekend.

juliet huffed "fine," and sat down on the couch. "so, what're we doing today?"

"i thought i'd take you on a boat," he smirked, plopping down beside her on the couch. she sat up, grabbing his leg in excitement.

"a boat?"

"yeah, is that okay?" he asked her, smiling at her excitement.

"it's more than okay!" she grinned, standing up. "now, or..." she chuckled, ready to go.

"okay, yeah, we can go now," charles said, following the girl out of the living room.

"awesome," she replied, grabbing her bag.

the "couple" walked out the door on their way to the monte carlo marina.

notes!
hey i'm sorry this is
so short...i just wanted
to give y'all a little
something while i work
on the next chapter

enjoy!! 🫶🏼🫶🏼