50

I added an OC Ravenclaw since all of the canon ones were Pure or half blood and I thought... hey. They look down on ignorance. And because of other stuff, but that's for me to know and you to find out later.

     Also, at this point there's basically no posting schedule so I figured, post while I had a chance.

     -T.A.L.A.

          He stared immediately, face wrinkly in distaste as the other students loudly began entering the greenhouse, jolting him from his sleep.   He glanced about watching as the students entered, the Ravenclaws entering first, looking stiff and suspicious and only stiffening further, many glaring, as they caught sight of him.

He ignored the looks, he would find no friends among their number at the moment, but they were neither careless nor stupid enough to try anything in plain sight of Professor Sprout.

They crowded around on the opposite side of the tables as far from his space as they possibly could, wrinkling their noses and sniffing disapprovingly despite their blatant curiosity. Chipped Fang made a mocking noise at their bunched up faces. And visually aggressive approach.

He lowered his head back down onto the table, watching them and the door as more students arrived, his ears pricked to listen to behind him. Chipped Fang was right though, they only cared enough to broadcast their disgust with him to anyone that looked, they'd be moving on to the next bit of gossip the moment it was no longer a hot topic they needed to stay informed about. Like a flock of big affronted, birds, he decided, although he noticed some of their number were missing.

"I heard he tried to get Beckwith, the dead Slytherin, to free the troll but it ate him instead. My Father works with the DMLE," one girl twittered, "He says they're working on prosecuting the whole family for something. He can't say for what of course, but I think this speaks for itself."

       "Then shouldn't he be under arrest too?" A taller, dark haired guy stated more than asked, the he in question couldn't more obviously have been directed at Harry. "After all, everyone knows he took part too, you should really ask your father in the next letter Mandy, maybe he can give us some hints about how much they know. We could help!" Not involved, took part, it was almost a mockery he supposed that the house of knowledge seemed to value more looking like they knew something than actually knowing something.

       "He must have paid somebody off of course," someone new, a brunet, chirped in, "I mean, the Malfoy heir was helping and now he's basically untouchable! It's no wonder the Gryffindors are in uproar."

        "The Malfoy's are always involved in something," a blond guy returned, his hair ironically close to the Malfoy's seemingly signature platinum blond.

         "Of course, they're a family of Slytherins, it only makes logical sense they would try-" the shortest of the Ravenclaws was cut off, and she didn't try much to hide the look of disregard at the interruption.

        "It's not surprising the Malfoy heir got mixed up in this," 'Mandy' paused, the others all clearly knowing what she was getting at, yet unsure if she could go any further while keeping her audience's approval, "Well, they were involved with, well. You know, as well." She tactfully supplied, careful not to broach whatever subject she was avoiding too far.