Extra Ending 2

(An: so this was sort of a last second idea I had.   I kinda wanted to make this the official ending to be honest, not what I had planned, but for ending it here I'm of the opinion this version is much better.

Anyway, you can probably guess what's going to happen, but fair warning; it's sad, read at your own risk and thank you once again for reading this story and your support.

Which is to say, main character death. Feel free to ask for specifics if you're concerned.

Always,
-A. )

"This should be it." Chippy returned quickly, uncorking the potion and dumping it into Theo's mouth, easily working to get Theo to drink it. "You will know in a minute if it worked, it is the only possible antidote, he kept it in a special drawer just in case, he did."  Chippy hesitated, "you should go home now. Yes, I will take you back." Chippy snapped their fingers and all four of them were out of the ruins and back within Harry's room. Harry, still clutching Theo, sat on the bed, Chipped Fang nervously shifting, watching right next to them.

      The seconds ticked by painfully slow.

     "Breakfast." Chippy finally said, unable to take the silence and pressure any longer, "breakfast will help, you will both be needing it and some nice sleep when Theo wakes up." They made a quick exit, Chipped Fang quickly following.

      Harry preferred it that way. It was enough trouble tamping down the panic which crept over him.  He didn't want to have to worry about them too. He'd leave entirely, trusting Theo to Chippy's care, if he thought he wouldn't simply lose it the second Theo was outside his senses.

       Slowly the heartbeat weakened until suddenly it was no longer rhythmic, but instead faltering . Panic slowly rose within him, clawing at him to do something, to save them. To...

Everything stopped.

Theo was dead, his body lay still in Harry's lap, heart no longer beating, chest no longer moving, eyes shut, a faint smile lifting the corners of his mouth, arms and clothes scratched from Harry's quills, hands virtually torn apart.

Harry stared, refusing to accept the reality before him and then all the rage and anger which he had been pushing down welled up all at once, brushing aside his sanity like heavy waves pushing a toy boat.

Harry screamed. A sound which contained all the rage, hunger, and despair which had never left from his time in Azkaban alongside many multitudes more of grief. 

        He had spent a lot of time worrying he would lose the pack he'd made in Hogwarts, but Theo had never left his side, not really, even when they were apart, even when everyone else began moving on Theo was there trying to rescues him.

        Harry had had people caring for him before, but never had anyone saved him. It was always him having to figure out how to overcome whatever unbeatable odds there were. But...

        But now, Theo was dead.

        The room which always so warm with its lit fireplace was cold now. The fire blown out.

         Harry gripped tightly as he rocked back and forth, hoping for some form of life to return to Theo, any sign would do. Any sign which would show that Theo was going to come back to life like he had. Death had said it happened occasionally. That some people were lucky enough to be given the choice of which path they wanted to take. 

          But nothing happened. 

           Minutes became hours, and distantly, barely a passing thought, Harry was glad Chippy had sensed the danger he was and not returned.