53

"You know,"  not even a full hour after he returned to the castle and he had already, somehow, been cornered by the Weasley twins. He had narrowly dodged them a few times at first, even splitting from Chipped Fang as a distraction attempt. The chase had gone on forty five long minutes before he was convinced there was no way that he could return unseen as he heard them discussing how surprisingly good he was at avoiding them. They seemed on edge, not exactly a surprise though given the current Gryffindor perception of him and the Slytherins.

     Ultimately he knew they knew the terrain to well and his curiosity got the best of him as he gave up rather the drawing out what seemed to be the inevitable.

     "We were pretty sure at first ol' Dumbles set up the third floor corridor as a distraction to keep us out of the forbidden forest."

      "It annoyed the teachers so much they could never stop us from going there after our first year. But it's only really an empty room at the end of it anyway." One of the twins sighed commiserating the lackluster end of their adventure.

     "Yes, a little disappointing after all are efforts."

      "But we couldn't help ourselves once we saw your name pop up in it a few times."

       "Not even we have ever gone that deep in there," there was a serious note to both of them now and Harry couldn't help but wonder what they had witnessed, "Lots of dangerous stuff and all that."

       "And yet here was this first year going twice as far as we ever did!" The other broke in, more lightly, at the draw out pause, "And not getting caught while he was at it too."

      "Kind of goes against the rules to go in there." They threatened, it was odd they didn't seem to be making it seriously though.

       He went on the safe side assuming they were just playing around and not testing the waters, they were a ways away, too far for human ears he figured, but the paintings still watched them carefully, "Kind of against the rules like your potions lab I suppose." He returned lightly.

      It seemed like the right call given the twin set of delighted smirks his statement was greeted with, "Touché, I think he's got us there, ay, George?"

      "I do believe he does," 'George' nodded along, and just as quickly they were serious again, "You're not a dark lord or anything, are you?"

      "Like a werewolf."  The other quickly questioned.

       "No, I don't think so." He had met werewolves before, got into fights with a few too once he discovered the magical side of the world, even seen one once very briefly while in the forbidden forest, and he didn't think he shared many similarities with them. They were human for starters, they might have odd subconscious ticks, like sniffing the air and cocking their head to the side, but he had yet to meet one with actual enhanced senses. Nor did they seem to be in control of when they changed.

       "What about a secret twin?"        

       "Never met one?"

        "With red hair." Not-George inquired.

        "We've heard you changed your hair color once." George added.

          Harry blinked in confusion, this was rather specific and he hadn't often turned his hair red after the first week, not when he wasn't hunting... realization dawned, "Oh, you must have seen me when I was hunting with Chipped Fang."

       "So you're not a grim?"

      "Chipped Fang?"

       "Grim?"