55

...sorry. -T.A.L.A.

It was a little while later of Hufflepuffs wandering in and out of the greenhouse occasionally and quiet chatter that they acknowledged him again.

"Who's that over there? I thought Ansel wasn't going to join us today?" It was Irene who asked the question, someone who hadn't been there earlier on but also appeared to be in her first year.

"It's Harry Potter."Robin whispered sounding slightly awestruck, the name catching his attention briefly, "Can you believe it?"

"Don't the Gryffindors have it out for him?" Irene muttered, "We should probably keep our distance so they don't add our names to the list."

"Maybe they already have and are just waiting to catch you alone." Poppy, another newcomer, ominously whispered.

"Don't say that!" Martin protested.

"They'll need a lot of luck for that." Lynette snarked.

"So you guys don't think he had anything to do with troll? Don't you think it's a little weird that a troll managed to break into Hogwarts and attack a muggleborn Gryffindor student? I mean aren't Slytherins supposed to hate Gryffindors and Muggleborns?" The speculator was a guy, and the only one present he lacked a name for still.

"We were warned..." Martin wavered.

"I mean the Gryffindors don't even seem to like the poor girl." Irene muttered, "I don't know what their deal is though."

"Luke," Lynette sighed, "He's a first year just like us, he's not allowed outside Hogwarts; where would he have even gotten one? It's not like they stock the forest."

"We can always check." Poppy grinned and several protests started up and quickly stopped as she drew nearer, the Hufflepuffs looking on with anticipation. "Hi there!" She spoke with exaggerated cheer and pep, "Do you want to murder us today?" he could hear the 'no's and exasperated groans from the table

It took awhile for the question to sink in despite being aware of her approach, and he blinked a little to try and wake himself from the sleepy daze he was in, "Not really." she smelt of chemicals, her hair dyed dark black with vibrant pink streaks and she wore jewelry and thick makeup.

"Shame, my parents would have been thrilled. They love being right. Maybe tomorrow then. I'm Poppy Caxton." Poppy plopped down on the ground next to him, "What are you doing on the ground anyway?"

He forced himself up when Poppy showed no signs of leaving, "Sleeping?"

"Poppy leave him alone," Irene cut her off before she could continue, "he can join us if he wants but he might just want some quiet."

       "Hey, are you guys ready to get going?" Another Hufflepuff stuck his head through the door, "Linda says if you stick around any longer she'll have to go and get Mel to go back with you."

       "I'm ready, let's go before Poppy scars anybody else for life." Lynette rolled her eyes.

        "First vetoing my coffin bed ideas and now this- where's your loyalty." Poppy brightly complained.

         "Where's your sanity." Lynette muttered in return.

        "I still don't get it." Irene stared between the two.

        "Of course they get along," The newest newcomer disagreed as they watched the two argue, "It's a classic pairing-"

         "This isn't a fairytale Hamish." Irene groaned.