XI

Von
Late Night

I carefully placed my loaded gun into my waistband as I looked at myself in the mirror wearing all black with a ski mask.

I then looked around my old room in my moms house that I tended to not sleep since I always stayed at Essence house.

I only came to my moms whenever I would drop her off money & make sure my stash was put up. Her home was my safety box in a way.

I placed my hand on my cross necklace I wore from time to time when I needed to feel protected & guided.

Lord Forgive me for what I'm about to do. I prayed while getting up from my twin bed to leave out.

I currently had beef with 2 niggas right now but they weren't the ones I was planning to pull a trigger on just yet.

Hours Earlier

I watched as Essence laid on my chest with her eyes closed & listened to her light snoring.

I kissed her forehead as I stared at her beautiful face.

Suddenly her phone lit up with an message from an unsaved number.

Baby girl I miss you

I began flaring my nostrils as I read the message. I decided to text back & pretend I was her.

   Who's this?
                  Read 8:20pm

Andre, I seen you yesterday at the Chinese place wit some nigga.

Yeah, I remember so how you get my number?
                                   Read 8:30pm

I asked yo old bestie for yo number.

Who???
                          Read 8:31pm

Aniyah...

I remembered Essence telling me about her ex best friend who was fake to her & told lies to random guys who had a crush on Essence at school.

....

So you trynna hang out with me tonight at my cousins party ?

I'm down, what time?
                        Read 8:50pm

11:00pm. 1002 lane st .

I'll be there.
                   Read 9:10pm

Bet Baby girl. 

I saved the address & blocked his number while thinking on how I'm set him up.

I gently lift Essence head off my chest so that I can get up & head to my moms house to get my strap.

Present Time.

I pulled up down the street from the house & watched as groups of people went inside the house.

Both sides of the street was packed with parked cars. I lurked at everyone & everything inside my car that had Dark tinted windows.

Suddenly I seen that nigga Andre walking around the back of the house by himself. I got out the car distinctively & followed him.

I seen him pull out a blunt to smoke & that's when all he felt was steel up against his head.

If you try to get in touch with Essence again or even Get near her in person, I promise this you won't ever breathe again. I spoke as my hand stayed on the gun.

Ok—kk, I'll leave her alone. Andre stuttered as he dropped his blunt onto the ground.

Yeah I know p*ssy. I spat as I placed the gun back into my waistband.

As I walked away I felt him grab my neck trying to choke me.

Who do you think you are nigga! Andre yelled as he tried to push me into the ground.

I turned over & punched Andre in the face while then giving him punches in the stomach.

You weird a** nigga! I yelled as I punched him in both sides of his ribs which made him fall onto the ground.

I want war bro...just wait I'm get my Cousin Lamont on you. He said while coughing up blood.

Yea ok, you don't even know me. I said as I watched him lay in pain with blood dripping down his face.

You gotta be Von that's the only nigga I know who's fucking my Baby Girl. He chuckled while looking at my eyes since the rest of my face was covered by the ski mask.

That's my mamas, b!tch a** nigga so don't ever address her as ya baby girl. I kicked him repeatedly in the face while seeing his face now full with blood.

Suddenly I heard gunshots & sirens which meant that was my cue to leave because I would of been the one throwing shots🔫.

Hours Later

I walked into Essence house as she walked up to me seeing my knuckles bruised & swollen.

What happened baby? She asked while looking at me with fear in her eyes.

Do you got some ice? I walked passed her heading towards the kitchen.

Yea but what happened?! She yelled.

I almost killed a nigga over you that's what happened! I yelled back letting out my frustration.

She shook her head & looked away from me.

Don't yell at me vonte when I'm just trying to check on you...you didn't even answer my phone calls or text. She spat while walking to the other side of the kitchen.

Ma come here. I spoke softly.

Essence walked up to me with her bonnet on while wearing my tee shirt that looked like a dress on her.

I pulled her close to me & hugged her as tight as I could.

Essence... I called her name softly

What Von? She looked up to me with her bare face that had no lashes or makeup.

I Love You. I spoke while looking her into her eyes.

love
/ləv/

an intense feeling of deep affection.
Or
a strong feeling or constant affection for a person.
"He loved His Girlfriend"