XII

Essence

Those Three Words. I Love You made my heart melt...

Essence I  love  you...  Von told me again as I stared deep into his eyes feeling myself about to tear up.

I love you too Von. I spoke softly while burying my face into his chest.

Ma I've always been afraid to give a female my heart cuz I figured they'll break it....

I won't break your heart. I said while looking him into his eyes.

I know but jus promise me that you'll always be here wit me ma. Von said while searching for the answer in my eyes.

I promise baby. I assured him while still hugging him.

You already know I'll spin the block for yo Fine ass. He said while kissing my plumbed lips.

Yea. I agreed while smiling.

I'm take you out on a date tonight, so go put on some nice. Von smirked

Okayyyy! I cheesed while rushing to my closet to find an outfit.

As I began getting dressed I over heard Von talking on the phone with someone & he seemed upset but I didn't want to interrupt him so I decided to do my hair.

Your ready? Von walked up behind me as I sat in front of my vanity.

Yeah. I looked at his tall figure behind me through the mirror.

You look Beautiful Ess, let's go. He placed a kiss on my cheek.

Thank youuu Baby.

********

We sat across from each other at a fancy steakhouse restaurant & I could smell Von's strong cologne from where I was sitting.

You smell good! I said as I looked up from the menu to his face.

Appreciate it mamas. He placed his phone face down on the table.

I wasn't trying to overthink or anything but I didn't like how he faced his phone down in a secretive manner as if he was hiding something.

I smiled small while placing my phone face down as well to get his reaction.

Von furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me but I looked at his phone to hint to why I did mines the same way.

Aw you trynna be my twin or sum? He joked whil sliding his phone across the table to me.

Check it mamas. He sipped his sprite while eyeing me.

Alright love. I picked his phone up & unlocked it since I know his password but I rarely would go through his phone.

I seen me pinned on his messages & his social media was dry meaning that he wasn't really on there unless he seen me post. I looked at his call log and seen that he recently talked to Cain.

Mhm. I slide him back his phone as I picked up mine & handed it to him.

Von instantly grabbed my phone , unlocked it & went through it like he was on a mission.

Why you taking pictures wit yo butt out for? He asked while scrolling through my camera roll.

My butt wasn't even out. I sassed

Who is this unsaved number? He asked while showing me it.

Oh that's this girl I met yesterday who wanted to schedule an appointment to get her hair done.

Aw ok he said while looking through the messages.

You Good. Von said while handing me my phone back.

Here's your Food, you two enjoy! The waiter said while placing our plates in front of us.

I watched as the steam came up from both of our plates as Von grabbed my right hand.

Thank you Lord God for Blessing me & my future wife with this Food, Amen.

Amen.

Future Wife?? I thought to myself in shocked
Did Von really want to Marry me one day?

I sipped my sparkling water as Von looked me in my eyes as he observed my every move.

I looked away & smiled as I still felt his eyes on me.

After we Ate our dinner & talked we decided to go back home.

As Von drove the car, his phone began to vibrate. The caller I.D  showed Cain

Von glanced at the phone & looked up at me.

I Rolled my eyes as I seen Von pick up the phone.

Aight I'll be there in a few. Von spoke quickly through the phone.

What happened? I asked confused

Nothing Ma, I'm drop you off at home & I'll be back at around 12.

Why so late? I looked up at him with concerning eyes.

I gotta make this paper for us mamas. Von said while  pulling to the side of the house.

Just Promise me that'll you will be safe for me. I spoke sternly.

I promise. Von kissed my lips & then my forehead.

I Love you baby. I said before shutting the car door.

I Love you too. Von Spoke aloud as I walked up to the front door to get inside the house.

As I got into the house I turned around & seen Von drive away.

Damn I wish he didn't work in the streets for Cain...

Jesus please keep Him Safe. I whispered to myself as I locked the front door.

safe
/sāf/

protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.

"He made it Home Safe"