XVII

Von

I sat on my brothers couch while rolling up a blunt & thinking back on what Essence told me earlier.

Bro,  Essence got me restricted from having sex with her. I shook my head in disbelief while still rolling my blunt.

Ah hell nah! Devon Started to laugh which made me get annoyed. Shut up nigga, I spat while lighting my freshly rolled blunt.

So why she not trynna give you no p*ssy? He asked with one eyebrow raised in confusion. She wants our relationship to be based off love not Lust, plus she wants to wait til Marriage.

Damnnn, so what you gone do about that? Devon began pulling from the blunt. Ion know I guess I'm just go with it, which means we gone have to get married asap, I started to laugh to myself which made Devon choke on the smoke.

Shii if that was my girl I'll make her horny or sum sh*t which would make her forget about being celibate. Nah essence ain't going for that, when I kissed her neck earlier she pulled away. I stated while pulling from the blunt.

Yo girl know her worth, she really wanna be wifey. So gone ahead and start planning y'all wedding. Devon said while grabbing the blunt from me.

Yeahh that's what Imma do, we gone talk about it tonight so I can reassure her that I'm willing to be celibate until we're married. She most definitely is wifey material. I smiled to my self while blowing out a cloud full of smoke.

Later that Night ...

I hopped out the shower & wrapped a towel around my waist before walking into the bedroom to grab some clothes. I seen essence breast feeding our son which made a smile appear on my face.

I walked over to give Essence and my son a kiss before going into the closet. I grabbed me a pair of Calvin Klein underwear & some gray joggers, which was Essence favorites.

I walked back into the bedroom closing the closet door behind me and seen her placing our son in his crib.

I watched as she laid on the bed turning on starz to watch BMF, I laid my head on her stomach while rubbing her thighs.

Von did you watch BMF without me? She asked while seeing that she was now on season two, uhh yeah, sorry ma. I said while looking up at her face.

It's okay baby, I'm still on season one. Don't spoil it for me. She said while pressing play on the remote.

Oh so Demetrius- before I could even finish she covered my mouth with her hands which made me laugh.

Alright I quit, I mumbled in her hands as she gently pushed me off her stomach. I leaned into her face giving her kisses. Deep inside I wanted to make love but I tried keeping it under control.

So I was thinking that we should start planning the wedding soon & let all our family and friends know about it ahead of time.

Yeah I already have many things planned. She smiled wide while pulling out her phone that showed a list of decorations & food in her notes.

Without me? I asked confused. I was just so excited about getting married that I planned a lot of it out months ago. I didn't forget about your thoughts on this Von.

I should've tried planning ahead to but I've just been so busy working a lot lately for us, but shii the workin paid off so I'll be able to have enough money for our wedding.

Yeahh about that I wanna start back working in my salon. Ma I already told you. I know Von but I'm healed from labor it's been a month now.

Nah it's to early, the doctors said it takes about 2-3months to heal & on top of that who's going to watch the baby if we both working? I'm damn sure not leaving my son with just anybody.

Okay Von I'll wait til 2 more months to heal more but then I'm going back to working at my salon and plus we have your mom to help watch our son she been wanting to watch him ever since we left the hospital.

Alright ma, don't worry about all that working stuff, I'm the man of the house, so I'm take care of everything just sit pretty & take care of my son.

Essence nodded her head in agreement while looking at me with sad eyes but instead of indulging in it I gave her a kiss on the forehead & told her that I love her and goodnight.

Essence told me the same thing in a low tone while putting her bonnet on and turning the tv off which left the room dark & quiet. I turned towards her side of the bed wrapping my arms around her as she held onto my arms and drifted straight to sleep.

re·as·sur·ance
reassurance

the action of removing someone's doubts or fears.
Or
a statement or comment that removes someone's doubts or fears.

Example:

"She has been given reassurances that her fiancé is being truthful to her"