A Light In The Dark

Corpse had shown Leslie the secret in Admin, and reviewed the contents within the folder more thoroughly but yes.. Leslie, just like Corpse, found it to be confusing what sort of importance this holds. Going through it more Corpse came to the realization that as of now this doesn't mean anything to him but rather to Leslie but she won't tell him.

Perhaps..

She is interested in Space related discoveries, afterall it does have a lot of just old newspaper articles surrounding the space race that are pretty old. Since Corpse didn't have any real use for this he just let her keep it for safe-keeping. Leslie decided to cut paths with him for now, and went her way back to the sleeping quarters whilst he made his way towards security, the location he had been trying so hard to get to. From Admin, Corpse went to the cafeteria to see if Toast was scheming or something to have a reason to press that button but no, no one was there.

Walking past MedBay, he then realized how long it had been since he checked on Sykkuno. It wouldn't hurt to make just one more little trip for my good buddy!

. . .

"Heh..."

Sykkuno's ears perked up, the heaviness of someone's footsteps going to MedBay rang throughout the cold dreary vents.

"It's in your best interest if you cut the lights..about-"

Corpse clicked the "open" button on the control panel, a smile plastered on his face. He was feeling a bit giddy just wanting to already see his friend once more but little did he know that when he left Medbay the second time..that...would be the last time he'd see Sykkuno.

"Now."

The shuttle doors opened to a room full of darkness, complete darkness. Corpse flinched at the sudden change of lighting, he turned around to be engulfed in even more darkness.

'Wh-What?' Corpse's eyes felt like they weren't working, like he was blind! Everything was just gone right before my eyes. There's nothing...not even a slitter of light. It was too dark, it was suffocating, the air felt cold around his throat. Next thing he knew, he was on the floor on his knees, feeling around for anything. Corpse's hands brought him closer into the room at one point he felt a wet substance which stopped him in his tracks.

'What i-is this?' Corpse panicked, Sykkuno and Lily were supposed to be here and now I'm feeling this wet substance. Nothing good could come from this...whose blood is this?

"Sykkuno!" Corpse yelled into the air, hoping for a response then doing the same with Lily's name. "Shit!" Corpse cursed under his breath, trying to get back on his feet but failing to do so. Right now he needed to see if Sykkuno was ok and for that he needed to get his ass up. His priority right now is to find Sykkuno whether by hearing or feeling, he needs to know if he's ok...but something was telling Corpse he'd be met with nothing but bed sheets and it was the case unfortunately. There was no other explanation he could think of right then and there, his breath hitched in his throat, feeling his palms grow sweatier by the second.

'Could it be that he's dead...'

'. . .'

'W-What am I thinking...'

It was true, what was he thinking..Sykkuno dead?! That wasn't possible, not after everything that's happened. How could he be dead... n-no. Corpse wasn't scared the last time when the lights went out before so what makes this... different, was it Sykkuno..that made it different.