chapt 59 • All I've Ever Wanted

For the first time in my life, I finally began to feel genuine happiness

"I've been talking about my feelings more, instead of turning to sex to forget them" I sit on the couch of my therapist as she nods her head.

"You've made a lot of improvements in these months, I even see you're trying the dating scene" She refers back to Alessio who she saw when she left the elevator as we sat talking in the waiting room.

"You two are dating right?" She raises an eyebrow at me and I can't help the smile that etches onto my face thinking about him.

"We are, he's everything you told me I need in my life" God I was never a clingy person but I wanted to be with him right now even though he was outside the door.

Our first date was a week ago and I loved every single moment of it, and we haven't stopped going on them since. Yesterday was a picnic because he remembers me telling him how I always thought the idea of a picnic was adorable.

"Then I won't hold you any longer, we can wrap this up and I'll see you next week" She smiles and I thank her and hurry and leave the office.

Alessio sits in the waiting room, he's on the phone and so I don't say anything but that doesn't stop me from putting my hands on his knees and pressing a kiss to his lips.

I'm learning how to be more affectionate in ways that don't just lead to sex.

As well as learning to stop using sex as a coping mechanism, something therapy has taught me was my unhealthy way of burying my feelings.

Though his eyes lit up when I had kissed him, he still had a hint of a frown on his face, from whoever was on the phone with him.

When he hung up I asked him who it was but he only stood up and pulled me into another kiss and like always, butterflies swarmed my stomach.

"My father wants to go looking for apartments near the university," He said as we walked out of the building.

"What's the problem with that?" I felt his hand slip into mine, "It's a good thing."

I felt his hand tense a little bit, "I just wanted to spend the day with you" he says and I stare at him in awe.

"I know it's hard not seeing me every second of the day but you'll make it" I try to lighten his mood a little bit and I look at him and see the curves of his lips turn upwards.

We spent the next minutes walking to the car, when Alessio opens the door for me to get inside and closes it, I think about what he brought up yesterday night in my room.

Since our date, we've been sneaking back and forth between each other's houses at night. Adam is a heavy sleeper and mostly falls asleep on the couch downstairs with the television on and never hears us.

We have yet to tell anyone about us dating, and last night Alessio had told me he was ready to tell his parents about us, though his mother knew about us and our feelings. She hadn't known about our date or the past week of us being together officially.