CH 98 - One Step Too Far

Hi, it's been a while, I know, sorry for that, but, I hope you're still in to see how this story ends. We're close, just 2 more chapters left and I'm planning to post them together because it's important to read them in a row. Anyway, hope you like the chapter and see U soon :D !

CH 98 - One Step Too Far

*** Veronica's narrative (voice-over) ***

These last couple of days, I often ask myself: Am I into girls or boys? I go back and forth on that question a lot. Especially when these two don't stop fighting for my attention...

"Hey, V! I brought you pound cake! I made it with my mom last night and you have to try it, it's to die for!"

"Oh, okay, thank you, Betty... I didn't know you liked to bake or cook at all..."

To be honest the blonde doesn't put a foot inside the kitchen at all but that might change since she knows Veronica has a sweet tooth. A fact that gets confirmed with the young Hastings' moan because the cake tastes amazing. Of course, it was delicious like everything that's cooked by Alison and for once, Betty feels confident on getting extra points with this, but she's not the only one who has Alison like a mother...

"Veronica! Look who brought you lasagna!"

"Oh! I love your mom's lasagna! Thanks Wayne!"

It's lunch time and unlike the rest of the students, Veronica Hastings doesn't need to wait in line to get a meal, why bother to buy something in the cafeteria when she has these two DiLaurentis, filling her with free food, right? And, it's not just delicious food, what she's getting these days. Wayne is always giving her roses, or flowers, something nice, just like Betty, who has given her a beautiful bracelet with her name on it. Sounds familiar? Like mother, like daughter...

Anyway, that's how Veronica is these days, between these two all day long. Who doesn't love to get extra attention, right? Feeling desired, the center of the Universe is something good, that's what Veronica thought when these two siblings started their own rivalry about getting Veronica's attention. And, do not get it wrong, Veronica loves contests, she's a big fan of the bachelor tv show, but, there's a point where fantasy meets reality. And soon the reality is nothing like what she daydreamed of...

"Wayne, leave!"

"You might believe you rule this school, Betty, but I'm not leaving. I'm eating lunch with Veronica"

"Yeah, well. Me too, and I arrived first so back off!"

"Guys, we can eat all together, right?"

"Hell NO!"

Veronica rolls her eyes when she hears the negative from the two of them. Betty and Wayne, they don't tag along and now that they both want the same person, it's even worse. None of them have put it in words, but their intentions are clear. They want to be with Veronica, not like friends, like something more. But, the real question is, with whom Veronica really wants to be? Well, right now she wants to be out of this fight between the two of them so...

"Robin! I forgot I promised to eat with my sister today, so... bye!"

Before Betty and Wayne could protest, Veronica sneaks out of their table, looking for her dear sister who was looking adorable, staring from the distance at the girl who means the world to her...

"Alice..."

Robin Hastings whispers the name of the girl she adores when Veronica sits at her side.

"Wow, can you sound less in love, little sis?"