Chapter 65 - Didn't we almost have it all?

Hello, thank you for the stars! Now, this chapter will be linked with what happened in chapter 'An honest mistake': Toby and Spencer's hook up; Emily hurting Paige to get Alison's location and with chapter 'Sealing our fate'. The pool part, it will be very similar of what happened in episode 15 season 1 of the tv serie PLL...

Like always any comment is welcome, thanks and hope you like it :D !

Chapter 65 – Didn't we almost have it all?

(Emily's narrative)

Dreams... everybody has them... some good... some bad... some you wish you could forget...

In the middle of the forest, 5 liars crossing a hanging bridge...

Hanna. – "Guys, this will break any second!"

Aria. – "Stop saying that!"

The girls look at the emptiness of the cliff below them and gulp, they were just in the middle of the bridge, a wooden bridge with rope, very old. Alison was the last one on the line and in front of her, Emily then, Hanna, Aria and in front of the line, Spencer. Emily looks back at her wife and she notices the fear of highs that the blonde was showing in her face...

Emily says as she squeezes Alison's hand. – "Ali... it's ok... we will be ok..."

Alison smiles, just looking at Emily, she feels safe already. Emily smiles at the blonde and they could stay looking at each other forever but there was no time for that...

Spencer says as she looks at the end of the bridge. – "Almost there, girls... almost th-..."

*** Music background: Cut the Rope by Charlotte OC***

A strong breeze, it was all it needed to crack the bridge...

Hanna yells. – "I told you!"

Spencer yells. – "Shut up and run!"

The girls speed up their steps as the rope of the bridge just broke; Spencer, Aria and Hanna are able to touch solid ground but Emily and Alison don't get the same luck...

The girls look down and they feel relief to see that the couple alive, pending on the remains of the bridge. Emily looks down at her wife, she smiles at the blonde, just trying to make her feel safe; Alison smiles back and she was smiling until she notices that the rope wasn't going to withstand both of them... it was too much weight...

Emily stretches her arm and says. – "Ali! Take my hand!" (She notices something in Alison's eyes and a strange fear invades her body as she says with a shaky voice) "A-Ali..."

Alison smiles with watery-eyes. – "I love you..."

Emily mumbles. – "A... Ali..."

Alison.- "It's too much weight Em... the rope will break if we both stay holding on it... but if it's just one of us..."

Emily yells, shaking her head, just feeling crushing of the meaning of Alison's words. – "No! No! No! Don't..." (Tears and a heart-breaking voice) "Ali... please, take my hand..."

The rope was loosening it; it was fraying and all the girls scream with fear...

Emily looks down at her wife and everything happened in slow motion for her...