9. Escape.

Lani's POV

I've been up all night trying to comfort y/n/n. She went to sleep around 3:30 and I've just been up, making sure that we're safe and that nothing happens.

I know that it's probably not the smartest thing to do given that I have so much shit to do today. Maybe I should just take the day off.

But then I'll have so much to do tomorrow. And if I stay up, and just handle what I have to, I won't be that tired unless I take a long break or don't do anything.

I don't know, I'll see how I feel in an hour though. It's 10:47 right now. Did I mention that it's the next morning? Well it is.

I made myself some coffee earlier because I need the energy right now, I guess I'm gonna have to make a whole nother batch.

I felt y/n/n moving, so I decided to lay down to make it seem like I had just woken up.

She started to open her eyes.

"Good morning, baby." I smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

"Good morning, my love, how did you sleep?"

I didn't know what to say, and I don't wanna lie to her.

"I didn't sleep."

"Why not?"

"I just wanted to make sure everything was safe just in case something were to happen, and I've just been up ever since."

"I'm sorry."

"For what, you didn't do anything."

"Yes, I made you stay up all night, I made you not go to sleep, I made you paranoid. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, don't worry about it."

"I'm up now, are you sure you don't wanna go to sleep?"

"I can't, I got shit to do."

"No, Lani. That's not good. You already have no energy as it is, and then you're going to wear yourself out too much by going out and doing all this shit for hours. Take the day off, I'll take over for you."

"You don't have to, I can just do it all tomorrow."

"But then you'll have all this plus what you're doing tomorrow. I don't want that for you, I promise I can do some things just to make your day easier."

"You really wanna do that?"

"I don't mind, and I just feel so bad that I kept you up with my problems. I need to keep shit to myself sometimes."

"Y/n/n, I would rather have you tell me your problems so we can solve them together instead of you going through it by yourself. You know I don't like when you're at your low points."

"I know, I just feel like I'm taking from you though."

"You're not taking anything from me. It's okay."

"Lani, I really want you to go to sleep, and when you wake up, just relax. Take the day off, I can take over for you. It's not like I've never done things like this before."

"Are you sure you wanna do all of that? It's a lot of stuff. It's gon take you a good couple hours."

"Yes, I'm sure. I just want you to relax and enjoy your day and not be stressed about if you did this or if you did that. I got you, I do."

"Baby, I don't know, I just-"

"You're saying the same thing over and over at this point. Just let me do it. Relax, take a shower or bath, drink some wine, light some candles, when you done, masturbate or something, I don't know," that last part made me laugh, "just relax, okay?"