12. melt into you.

Lani's POV

"Lani." She dragged my name out.

"Yes, baby?"

"What you wanna do today?"

"I don't know, maybe since it's the two of us, we could do something cute."

"You wanna go out?"

"Nah, not today. I wanna do something romantic though. Something I ain't done in a long time. I wanna cook for you, give you flowers, drink wine in the tub with the lights off, all that."

"It's been a while since I've felt relaxed like that. That sounds good." She smiled.

"Imma give you everything you want, mama." I placed my hand on her stomach.

"And imma give you everything you want." She kissed me.

"I promise you, I'll make this one of the best nights of your life, don't doubt it."

"You already gave me so many of those, especially when we were in Cancun." She looked down at her ring and that made me feel so accomplished.

I really did that. I got the girl I want locked in forever. I'm so lucky, honestly.

"Let me know, anything you want me to do today, I got you."

"Can you just stay here with me?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you." We made deep eye contact. Eye contact like never before, while she looked at me, I ran back so many memories with her from our entire relationship.

Thinking about it now, I've never loved as hard as I've loved this girl, besides my daughter of course. She's all I've ever asked for in a relationship.

Yeah, we argue sometimes, but that's normal in relationships. I might've slipped up, I admit it, but I've always proved that I can bounce back better than I was when said situations occurred.

If there's anyone I will protect with my whole entire being, it would be this girl. Besides my daughter again, because she's my main priority.

I just know that I'm always gonna grow more and more in love with her throughout time. That's something I know won't change. But, I do worry if she feels the same way.

Lately, I've just been feeling like she's fallen out of love with me, and I don't know why. And it's not like there's anything to prove that, but it's just how I feel.

I don't know why I feel this way, but all I know is that I need her, because I know she doesn't need me, and I feel like she might find better than me and I don't want that. I want it to just be me and her, forever.

It's a really shitty feeling too, and it makes me feel like I can't give my all to her.

I saw her smile turn into a frown, and just started wondering what had went wrong.

"What's wrong, my love?"

"Nothing, whatchu mean?"

"You're frowning, why?"

"No reason."

"Please tell me, I know that something's bothering you."

"I'm fine."

"Get it off your chest, you know I love you and I'm here to listen, always."

"I don't wanna stall, because it's something that's been weighing heavy on my mind, and I just need to let it go."

"Talk to me."

"Are you still in love with me?"

"What kind of question is that? I'm more in love with you than the day I met you. My love for you could never decrease because I just see you and I'm automatically happy or in love. I see you and you make me feel better, you don't even have to say anything and my day is brightened. If I wasn't in love with you, you would've already known cause I like to be real. I want you to know that you're the person I've loved the hardest, the person I've tried the hardest for. That's why even when things were questionable, I just stood beside you because I knew I couldn't ever lose you. I need you in my life more than you need me in yours, and you know why? Because I know you don't need me, years later you could find someone way better than me, and I don't want that. I want you to be with me and only me. That's why I always ride so hard for you, because I love you, I want you, and I need you. You're the most important person in my life. You've been there for so much, especially when you're caught up in work, you take time off for me, that's a love I've never had before. The way you love me is different, and I mean different from any regular old love. I feel like I would be okay if you were to leave me, because I know your love and your spirit will always stay with me, and that's the first time I've ever even thought like that. You mean the entire world to me, don't you ever doubt it. I love you so much, Keh, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

She wiped away a few tears. I knew that she was still in love with me, but hearing this just made me know I had her locked in forever. This love is real, this love is true, ain't nothin that could come in the way of this love. We think the same thing of each other, saying we need each other because we feel like we don't need each other, which out loud doesn't make much sense, but is very understandable when truly thought out.

My song "melt" could've even describe the type of love we have because it's greater than that. I wrote that after we got married, that used to apply, but we've only grown so much more in love since then. "Across the best feels way too far and..." it did, that's why whenever we're intimate with each other, I want her as close to me as possible.

"Don't cry, baby. I feel stupid for even asking that question, because I know that you're in love with me and you show it everyday. It's just something deep inside of me that makes me feel otherwise, and I don't know why. I hate the feeling too, but you just confessed your love for me like no one else has before. I feel better with your reassurance, I know that we're tied down together for the rest of time. You already know I choose you, and only you. Nothing will ever change that. We've had our times, but all couples go through that, it's normal. I just wanna make a promise to you that no matter what, I will stick by you through anything. You're so important to me, I never wanna lose you to no dumb shit. Please don't be upset."

"I love you, I love you so much. It doesn't matter what happens, my love will always be present."

We hugged in silence for a moment. Comforting silence, I felt...better. This was a moment of vulnerability that was needed, for the both of us.

"Can we just lay here now? I just wanna hold you." She said.

"Whatever you want." We laid down and held each other, looking into one another's eyes.

"You're so beautiful." I whispered.

"Thank you, my love. You're so beautiful too."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We both smiled.

"We're good, right?"

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?"

...

"Lani, I need to show you something, come here."

I went into the living room and I saw the painting the she had just made. She was an artist in all aspects of the word. She could make music, but she also could paint very good. No one has ever really seen her paintings because they're all stored back at her old place.

"That's me and you."

"I'm not finished yet, I got go over it a few more times, but yes it is."

"You're so sweet."

"I just wanted to do something for us, you know? Imma hang it up over there." She looked at the corner of the wall.

"As long as it's visible, you can put it wherever you want."

"Imma finish this, I'll be up in a little bit."

"Okay, I'm watching a movie, we can either continue to watch it or change it when you come back."

"Keep it on."

"Ight. I'll see you in a lil."

"See you in a little bit." I walked up to the room and laid in my bed while I waited for her, I feel like she gon hate this movie, but it's whatever.

chapter 13 coming soon🍯.

hey, scared for this next chapter but it's okay