16. chase

Lani's POV

"I'm gonna go." Y/n/n said.

"Okay, be safe and wear your seatbelt."

"I will, I'll see you later."

"I'll see you later, baby. I love you."

"I love you too." She let go of my hand and left.

I got up and went to Adeya's room and she had fallen asleep. I turned off her tv and pulled her covers over her.

I kissed her on the forehead and went downstairs to get something to eat.

I got some fruit snacks and went in the living room. I sat on the couch and turned the channel to ID.

I laid back and ate my fruit snacks while the episode played. Not too long after, I got a call from a random number.

I know you're not supposed to, but I always answer.

"Hello."

"Hello, this is Kehlani Parrish, correct."

"Yes, who is this?"

"This is the Sandy Lane Hotel calling from Barbados about your reservation."

"Oh, right. Hello, how are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good, thank you."

"That's good to hear. We're calling to check in with you. Are you going to be staying with us?"

"Yes. But I do have a question."

"Whatever it is I will try and answer it as best as I can."

"So if I were to pay you guys extra to do a favor for me, would you do it?"

"What's the favor?"

"So, the night before I get there, I'm gonna have 999 roses delivered, okay? I know it's a lot, but please stay with me. I'm gonna have the roses delivered to the hotel. Would you guys please spread them around the room? And if you're feeling extra generous, can you make a heart out of the roses on the bed and put 'I love you' in the center?"

"Most certainly, we actually have a crew who specializes in that."

"Oh wow, that's good to hear. Thank you so much, I'll see you guys soon."

"You're welcome, see you soon. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

They hung up and I called the flower shop.

"Hello, how can we help you today?"

"Hi, I was calling to see if you could do me a big favor."

"What's the favor?"

"So I need 999 roses delivered to my hotel in Barbados by next Friday."

"Could you please tell me the address of the hotel?"