Lessons and ice cream (4)

Today was Thursday and I was getting ready for my first piano lesson with Sam. I was really excited to finally learn to play that instrument. I luckily had a keyboard at home as well, someone had gifted it to me, because they didn't use it and it occupied too much space.

Well I loved having one and without it, practicing would have come nearly impossible. 

I rang the doorbell at the studio and waited for Sam to open the door for me. As I entered I noticed that he seemed in a bad mood, even worse than usual when it came up to me.

"Who are your favorite pianists? Who do you want to learn to play like?" Sam asked, clearly trying his best not to sound too annoyed at my presence.

"Well I obviously like Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin. They are incredible artists, but I also really like Jon Lord, he is such a good pianist! The solo he does in"lazy" is sick."

"So you like Deep Purple?" I nodded in response to his question. "Okay anyway, let's get started. The first thing is to learn your way around the keyboard. You have to create a bond with the piano. There are many people like myself who have added note stickers on the keys. I suggest you do that at home" Sam just continued explaining to me the basics of this so complex and beautiful instrument.

I felt like he was more relaxed by the time we were done, even making some jokes sometimes.

"Thank you Sam. You're a great teacher" I said, smiling at him.

"Not like I really had a choice but no problem. Josh and the others wanted to see you. They should be outside by now" So we made our way towards the exit but I wasn't looking at the ground, so I stumbled over some cables. I almost fell to the ground but I grabbed Sam's shoulder and held myself. He quickly grabbed me by the waist to offer some additional support.

We made eye contact, but just for a short time, because he immediately looked away and let me go.

"Thank you" I muttered awkwardly.

"No problem" he replied, as embarrassed as I was.

We quickly walked out, finding the other members of the band waiting for us. They all were happy to see me, I guess they had started to care about me a little bit. Especially Josh, who immediately pulled me into a tight hug, smiling. His optimism was contagious and I immediately forgot about the awkward situation I was in just a few seconds earlier.

"Josh" I screamed as he picked me up and started spinning with me in his arms. He let me go, both of us laughing so much that our stomach hurt afterwards. I didn't get why he was always so happy to see me. It felt like we were best friends and hadn't seen each other in a very long time. I didn't even hug as much with Laura. I was starting to rethink my friendship with Laura, now that I had met Josh. 

"Okay you two lovebirds, take a hotel room. Don't let my poor eyes see this" Jake commented smirking, making Josh and me laugh even more. We eventually managed to stop but it took a while. He always managed to make me so happy and we had just known each other for a little longer than a month. I was starting to rely on him, I was getting addicted to these moments of pure joy, like a drug and I didn't know what I would do without them. 

"There is a great ice cream shop nearby. Is anyone in the mood for some ice cream? I definetely am" I proposed.

"Not me, I already ate a lot today" Danny replied immediately, looking sorry.

"Same here plus I'm too lazy to go somewhere right now" It was Jake's turn now to decline my offer.

"I don't know what's wrong with you guys. I'd love to eat some ice cream" Josh finally agreed, making me grin like a little girl. 

"I'll just stay with Danny and Jake" Sam replied.

So Josh and I walked to the ice cream shop, chatting about random things, like the weather.

As we entered the shop Josh asked forthe flavors without milk. He eventually chose some fruity flavors. I opted for chocolate and coffee. Afterwards we sat down on a bench to continue chatting.

"How was the lesson with Sam?"

"It was great, it's so fun to learn new instruments" he quickly agreed with me. We spent at least another hour chatting, making jokes and laughing but we both had places we needed to be so we had to say goodbye.

"I'm sorry that we had to leave so soon" I commented

"Yeah, I had a great time. Let's do this another time as well" I nodded in agreement to his proposal.

It didn't take long to arrive home. I decided to take a shower before eating dinner. While eating I started to watch a movie which I thought was really boring so I switched to reading a book. Reading is better anyway.

It didn't take me long to go to bed since I was already tired, because of the exhausting day.

I was looking forward to practicing what I had learned from Sam the following day. However I had already ordered the note stickers just like he had suggested.

I almost immediately fell asleep dreaming weird things: a stage with me on it, the crowd beneath me booing at me; me in a bed having sex with a guy who looked like a mix between Sam and Josh; my teenager self at highschool writing a class test. All of these events weren't correlated but made a lot of sense while I was dreaming. I woke up confused and curious about the meaning of my dreams since I believed in the weight of dreams. Not that they could predict the future but that they were a reflection of your inner thoughts from your unconscious.