Chapter 19

A few months later

Ivy POV

Today was probably one of my best days ever. I got to collaborate with Felix sunbaenim for a track on my solo album. I got dressed, did some makeup, and my hair then left the house to go an interview then to JYP.

(The fit)

Cha Eunwoo sunbaenim was the one interviewing me which I was really excited about. "Please welcome today's guest Ivy-sii!" he announced. I waved and bowed as I came into the room. We started off with some basic questions then he asked me this, "Is it true that you never intended to be an idol?". "Yeah actually, while I lived in Australia, my friends and I were playing truth or dare, and one of them dared me to audition for Hybe since they knew how much I love kpop. So I auditioned and got in which I did not expect to happen but it did so I let my mom know and she booked me a flight and told me to try it out while I have the opportunity to because a lot of people don't have the same privilege," I answered. "Wow now that is one interesting story right there. If you weren't an idol, what would you want to be?" he asked. "I really wanted to either open a business like a cafe or be a pediatrician. I feel like being a pediatrician shouldn't be too difficult because I have a really good relationship with little kids. My nieces and nephews were obsessed with me. Every time we were at a family gathering, my cousin's kids would always come to me and want to play games with me. I've even met some of our staff's kids and they really like me out of all of the members," I said. "You must be the magnet pulling in all the kids," he said as we all laughed.

After the interview, my manager drove me to JYP and I entered the building. It wasn't my first time being here actually, I'm really close with Nmixxs' Lily so when we hang out it's usually here or somewhere out. The staff came and led me to 3racha's studio. "Oh my gosh hi!" I said. "Hey what's up," Felix sunbaenim said. "Hey, how are you?" Chan sunbaenim asked."Good, how are you guys?" I asked. "Good," they said. "Shall we get to recording?" Chan sunbae asked. "Yeah," I said. We recorded for an hour and then took a break. "Wow your really talented Ivy," Felix sunbae said. "Thank you sunbae and you are as well," I said. "Oh no need to be formal you can just call us Oppa," Chan Oppa said. "Oh okay then Oppa," I said. We worked on it for another hour then finished. "How's it going in here?" Changbin Oppa asked coming into the room with Han Oppa. "Really good they finished," Chan Oppa said. "Wow already?" Han Oppa said. "Yep," I said. "Can we hear it?" they asked. We played the song for them to hear. "Here," Felix Oppa said giving me a blanket. "Oh thank you," I said then put it over my legs since I was wearing a skirt. "Why don't we all go grab some food?" Changbin Oppa said. "Yeah sure, you down Ivy?" Chan Oppa asked. "Of course," I said. The 5 of us went and got some food, sat down, and talked. After we finished it was time for me to leave so I thanked them and left.

That was the last track I finished so it's all done and sorted out. I had to go to a shoot for my album cover and for the photobook. Once I got there I immediately went to change and then got on set to shoot. I noticed Lily, Kaori, and Yeonmi unnie walk in. "WOOOWWW SEXY!" Kaori yelled. I giggled at her comment and then went to change. "Thanks for coming my lovely members," I said. "Of course, our Ivy is making her solo debut. Ah, I'm gonna cry," Yeonmi unnie said sarcastically. Once we finished our chat I went to continue the shoot. About 30 minutes later Jake came. As I was posing I caught him also taking pictures then went to sit on the couch. I went over to him and sat on his lap facing him. "I saw you FYI," I said. "I know I just wanted to take some pictures of this hottie," he said showing me the pics he took of me. Once we finished, we all left and went out to eat dinner. "If you weren't an Idol, you would've been a really good model," Jake told me.

Day of solo debut

My music video came out today and I came to perform at Music Bank. I got my hair and makeup done and now am with the stylist choosing my outfit. Once I got dressed, I did a little warm-up then was about to go on stage. "Good luck!" Jake said then gave me a quick kiss.

(The fit)

Thank god that the soundtrack wasn't louder than my singing

Thank god that the soundtrack wasn't louder than my singing. I really hate it when it does that. 1 It makes us look bad, 2 We were trained to SING live not LIPSYNC. I really had no problem with it and my members don't either. Sometimes we'll make extra noises that arent part of the song to prove that we're singing live. I finished and exited the stage. "Good job baby you were great!" Jake said and hugged me. "Thank you," I said. I waited for the other groups/soloists to finish until they called us out to announce the winner. It was my solo versus another group's comeback and my solo won! They gave me a mic and handed me a bouquet of roses. "I'd like to thank God, my family, my members, and Sparklz for everything. Because of all your help and support, I am here on this stage and won 1st place. Thank you very much and continuing on I will do my best," I said. After my little speech, they turned my song on so I could sing it. Everyone in the crowd looked amazed as if they haven't heard live singing before. It was weird because there are much better artists out there than me but they don't give the same reaction. After my win, I did a vlive then finished for the day.

 After my win, I did a vlive then finished for the day