8. the one with some friends

"Come on, I did not lose it after the break-up" I shouted at the same time as I laughed.

I was sitting outside of the cute restaurant with Yuki, Mick, and Esteban. Yuki didn't joke when he had said that he would see me later and had showed up on my door couple hours go without a warning.

"Your head is saying something else" Yuki pointed out earning a punch on his arm.

"I just needed something different, okay" I admitted. It had been a quick decision and I had walked into a barber shop telling them to surprise me with something, just to get rid of everything that was the old me.

"I think it looks good on you, don't sweat it" Mick jumped in before putting some more pasta on his mouth, but he stopped what he was doing as we all turned to stare at him. I had my reasons, but I didn't know what the other two guys were looking at. "What?"

"Nothing" we all said at the same time.

"Okayy" Mick looked us slow and doubtful. Then he went back to his food, and it was my time to shoot some questioning looks at the two guys around me. There was a quick conversation with our eyes that left me even more clueless than before, and I just decided to drop it.

"So have you talked to Andre after the New Year's?" Mick decided to ask, and I changed a quick look with Yuki.

"Yeah, he showed up to Charles' the next day, beat up Pierre and after that I haven't talked to him" I said casually still eating my food.

"He what now?" Mick looked at me with his mouth open.

"Showed up to Charles?"

"No after that?"

"Oh, you mean the beating up Pierre part?" The whole table nodded their head furiously, even Yuki which meant that Pierre had left something out of his version of the story. "He wanted to talk to me so we went outside, and the conversation get a bit heated and Andre was getting bit out of hand, and suddenly he was yanked of me and next thing I know he launched at Pierre hitting him and kicking him once he was in the ground" I shrugged like it was no big deal, but I guess three months of going it through over and over again in my head had done the trick.

The whole gang stared at me trying to find out if I was being serious before Yuki opened his mouth.

"I told you guys, that guy has a soft spot for her" turning my attention to him and I found my jaw dropping a bit.

"Yuki, you know the guy hates me" I let out a nervous laugh, not really knowing why he would be saying things like that, and I was even more confused about my strong reaction.

"No, but I kind of see it" Esteban nodded agreeing with Yuki. "I mean for a guy who hates you he does look after you a lot" he added making me raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I guess that's true" Even Mick nodded.

"Okay? Can we change subject now?" I asked little uncomfortable about the conversation, and it was making me overthink and my mum's words came back to me, but I shook them off quickly.

"Sure" And then the guys went on talking about some stuff that went way over my head, but they were nice enough trying to make me feel like I was included. It didn't really bother me though, I liked to listen to them talk about things they were passionate about. But soon enough, I drifted to my thoughts, being tired and all and went back to the conversation about Pierre. Why would they think that he cared about me? I mean, had he ever done anything to suggest something like that, not that I knew of.

"Liz?" I snapped out of my thoughts and my eyes landed on Mick waving his hand in front of me.

"Yeah?"