16. the one where I hurt him

I was pretty blinded by the rage as I tried to make my way out of the paddock to spend the rest of the day in the grandstands were no one would know who I was. I wasn't looking where I was going before I came to contact with someone and lost my balance.

Before I could hit the ground there was two hands pulling me back up straight into their chest. I hadn't had a chance to see who it was that had saved me from the fall, but now I looked up to Carlos who was trying to read my face to see what I was doing running here blindly.

We were still basically pressed together and quickly Carlos mumbled a sorry and took a step back scratching the back of his head. I guess the no dating drivers' rule had made its way back to Carlos' head as well as mine after last night.

"Thanks, and sorry" I was first to speak up as we still were standing together.

"Oh no problem, just be careful, not everyone is as happy as I to run into you" he grinned making me smile as well. "Are you okay?" he then asked more seriously, and I had to think for a second what I was going to say.

"Yeah, just Pierre getting to me" I told him half truthfully. "Nothing too serious" I added with a awkward laugh. I could see Carlos didn't buy any of my lies.

"Okay" he said slowly calculating his chanced to survive if he would try and get something more out of me. "But if you ever want to talk someone not related to you, I'm here" he added smiling softly to me.

"Thanks, I just might take up on that sometime" I nodded grateful. I probably wasn't going to, but it felt too mean to say that to his face. He had been too kind to me from the day one.

"Well, I gotta run, but I hope I'll bump into you again" he smiled squeezing my arm before disappearing into the crowd of people.

Seeing Carlos had made my anger go away. He seemed to have a calming affect on me whenever I saw him. I liked that. There weren't too many people that would be able to make me feel even somewhat calm.

I walked out of the paddock with more peace and took my seat among the few people that had already made their way to the circuit. I watched as Formula 3 guys drove around not really focusing, just enjoying the sound and the view.

"I thought I could find you here" I head snapped towards the voice and calmed down a bit as I saw a familiar face.

"What are you doing here, isn't it dangerous for you to leave the paddock without any security?" I asked little worried about the guy's safety.

"Pros of being only an F2 driver" Dennis laughed taking a seat next to me. He fell under the same category with Olli except he was still with Prema and that way also with my brother. We had known each other for a long time and we were friends.

"Shut up, what are you doing here anyways?" I smacked the guy before shrugging my brows.

"Olli said that he had seen you so I couldn't resist" he chuckled, but I just raised my brows. That was a lie.

"Who sent you?" I asked tilting my head giving him a knowing look and the guy sighed as a sign of defeat.

"Charles" he admitted, and I rolled my eyes. Of course. He had been behaving himself lately, but he still always managed to find away to play the overprotective brother.

"Should've guessed" I nodded my head.

"Don't be mad" Dennis flashed me an innocent smile and I let out a small laugh.

"I couldn't be mad at you even if I tried" I admitted with a small laugh.

"Yeah, I know" he agreed with a grin. "So, are you gonna be around again or..?"