26. the one on the streets of Monaco

I had given in after many grown man had been whining and pleading me to come to the paddock for race and here I was standing in the Ferrari garage with the headset on waiting like everyone else that it would be dry enough to be safe to drive, but so far, it didn't look too good.

What did look good though, was the two Ferrari cars lined up on the front row as Charles had again been the fastest car on track yesterday, now we were just all hoping that the curse and bad luck he had had on this track before would be lifted.

I had spent the last night with Pierre, catching up on everything trying to build a base for out new friendship. We had talked for hours and I felt bad cause he had to drive today and it hadn't been too early when we finally had went our separate ways.

The whole night had been a great reminder why we got along so well. Everything had been easy after we had gotten over the awkwardness in the beginning. It was easy to talk to him and I felt normal around him. And I was guessing that was the deal with him too. He wasn't a racing driver to me, he just was Pierre.

Finally, we got the message that the race would start for real, and I went to sit back with Arthur and rest of my family.

"Why have you been in such a good mood all day?" my twin asked me as I smiled sitting down next to him.

"I haven't been any happier than usually" I argued. "And even if I was, is that a bad thing?" I asked raising my brows messing with my brother.

"I didn't say that I just wondered if there is a reason for that and who that reason might be?" I watch my brother smirk and wink to me, and I rolled my eyes.

"There isn't anyone if that's what you are wondering" I told him truthfully even though Pierre's face popped on my head the second Arthur had asked me. It was bad to even think something like that, I didn't want to think like that, and I wasn't going to allow myself to go there. No matter what was going to happen he was going to be my friend and nothing more.

"Oh bummer" my brother pouted and a hit him on his arm making him laugh before we focused on the race that was about to start.

It was all going well until it wasn't anymore. One bad move from the strategists and the game was over for us. Carlos was still close the Red Bull in front of him, but the track wasn't allowing him to overtake the slower car ahead of him. What came to my poor brother, the strategy had dropped him off the podium, but at least he was going to finish the race. I cringed to the idea. He was going to be devastated.

On the back of the grid, it had been hard to watch as Mick had crashed, hard. My heart had jumped all the way up to my mouth, but we were all happy to hear that the guy was okay. Yuki had dropped down as well as Danny which made my heart break as the season and the season before had been so hard on him. Everyone knew that he was a great driver, but the results were telling a different story and it was hard to watch.

Pierre was the one that race had been to say at least decent. He had made his way all the way P11, which was impressive, but just outside the points, so he wouldn't be happy with himself after all.

Few more laps and the cars drove across the finish line. It had been a good race for Seb and Lando, not to forget Perez who had just won the Monaco Grand Prix. It was good to see even though I would've preferred it to be one of the Ferrari drivers after all.

The atmosphere in the garage was odd. On the one hand Carlos had just gotten an P2 which was good, but not a win. On the other, Ferrari had screwed up big time with just themselves to blame.

"Who's going to talk to him?" I asked with a nervous laugh as the whole family were looking at each other.

"I think you should" Charlotte jumped in and I raised my brows. "I'll talk to him later, but I think you could really be the one making him feel better right now after the race" she explained and rest of my family nodded.