The beginning of the end

Chapter 5 The beginning of the end

Dawn came along with the smell of napalm and burning meat. "It smells very bad, how disgusting." I say holding my nose. The knocking on the roof door has long since ceased, my only escape route is through the police station quietly and thus escape. I reach into my backpack for a knife courtesy of Walmart and heave a heavy sigh.

"If it was easy it wouldn't be so much fun." I say opening the door quickly, just as two walkers slowly lunge towards me, I ignore them and brush past them as I start running through a police station full of walkers with a knife in hand.

I have to thank my size that they have a hard time catching me, this is so much fun that I can't stop the laughter that escapes from my body as I dodge the walkers. One of the walkers is blocking the stairs from behind, so I lunge at him, kicking him behind the knees, causing him to fall onto his knees. I take advantage of the position and my knife goes through his head, I quickly withdraw the knife and begin to descend the stairs. Catch me if you can.

I don't find many walkers on the stairs, apart from the ones I leave behind, possibly because I'm quiet and I'm not shooting like an idiot

I don't find many walkers on the stairs, apart from the ones I leave behind, possibly because I'm quiet and I'm not shooting like an idiot. The walkers are quite slow in fact, you could say that they are only a threat if you find yourself with a large horde in a small space. I also saw several walkers with riot helmets, these must be hard to kill, this police station is a death trap for anyone.

After a few minutes of running down the stairs I reach the ground floor, however when I cross a corridor I see that it is full of walkers, I quickly cover myself and just stick my head out. I doubt very much that I can get out. I don't want to cover myself with his guts of a walker so I can get out, my face turns green at the disgusting thought. I hide under a desk while I try to formulate a plan.

I might as well have butchered a walker on the roof and covered myself with his guts and gone unnoticed by the other walkers walking through the police station. But why would he? It's not fun and it's not like I'm desperate.

While I am distracted in my thoughts I hear the noise of a vehicle approaching the police station. Until the shooting starts outside and several soldiers enter the police station shooting at the walkers.

"Quickly, according to the surveillance cameras, the target's last location was at this police station, locate the body and take it to Dr. Candace Jenner at the CDC." One of the soldiers speaks loudly giving orders to the others. I stay hidden under the table, I don't intend to approach the military, they will most likely shoot me on sight.

It seems that they have a kind of mission for the CDC, at this point Dr. Candace Jenner must still alive, the wife of Dr. Jenner who appears in the series.

The shots continue, as the military begins to climb the stairs, they have cleared the ground floor, however that amount of shots will attract all the walkers in the building, and it seems that they are stupid. I draw my gun and prepare to run to the door.