The last mission

Chapter 13 The last mission.

*Sequel to several radio frequencies transmitting at the same time.*

"We have lost all contact with Japan

"We have lost all contact with Japan. The reports coming out of Asia are alarming."

"New virus strain detected in Asia forces some countries to use nuclear weapons to contain the infection."

"The President of the United States is dead, the White House is under siege, and the Vice President was infected while escaping from the White House."

"Activate Cobalt protocol in the main infected cities."

"Military personnel must return to military bases for new orders. Every civilian should be considered hostile."

"Everything is lost, everything."

"The city of Angels is on fire, I repeat the Angels have fallen."

"From this moment on, the National Guard, along with any security organization such as the police, are considered civilians and can be discharged.

[...]

[...]

[...]

"This is Dr. Candace Jenner from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, we have detected patient 0, I repeat, we have detected the possible origin of the virus."

_______________________________________

Fort Benning, the night of the Atlanta bombing

"Listen to me carefully, we have received a transmission from Dr. Candace Jenner of the Atlanta CDC, according to which she was able to determine the origin of this disease." Colonel Harland says with his hands behind his back. In front of us is a photograph of two men together with a small child in an airport.

"The military man in the photo is considered patient 0, however, he was stationed in Japan

"The military man in the photo is considered patient 0, however, he was stationed in Japan. We have lost all communication with that country." Colonel Harland then points to the other person in the photo, he is pointing to a little boy.