I'm just a normal kid

Chapter 8 I'm just a normal kid.

Merle Dixon is unconscious after being beaten by Rick.

"The bad man is not going to hurt me now?" I say in my weak voice as I push myself off Andrea's chest and look at Rick.

Rick gives me a small forced smile. "Don't worry little one, this won't happen again."

Given this, the others present on the roof only ascend with their heads. New crocodile tears well up in my eyes as I hug Rick. "Thank you thank you thank you." I repeat several times and Rick just hugs me telling me that everything will be fine.

I love this feeling, the feeling of manipulating people and making them do what I want them to do, it feels so good and it's so addictive. Love me, adore me and when the time comes, give your life for me.

After Merle's beating, Rick along with Glenn had the bright idea of covering themselves with the guts of a walker to try to get to a truck across the street so they could use it to escape. Just like it happened in the series. For my part, I just stayed on the roof while they bathed in the entrails of the walkers. How disgusting.

I could formulate a better plan, we could sacrifice one of the members and quietly escape, however, they would never accept it and it would cause a lot of awkward questions. Therefore, I'll just act like a normal kid and let them do all the work.

Minutes later I find myself watching Rick and Glenn covered in walker's guts making their way past a horde of walkers.

Rick gave T-Dog the keys to the handcuffs, I'm sure of it. In the series, it happened like this. I take advantage of that knowledge and start to get closer to T-Dog. "Hey T-Dog at camp, are there other kids my age? Do you think he could make friends? I ask childishly tilting my head slightly. "In the last camp where I was, I had no friends."

"Of course, little Justin, there are children your age, I don't remember their names, but I'm sure they'll get along." T-Dog says ruffling my hair.

"You wanna be my friend?" I say quietly, but enough for him to hear me.

"Sure, I'm your friend Justin, we all are." T-Dog says, then points with his hand at Merle who has already regained consciousness and just stares at me without saying anything. "Well, maybe not all of them." Says T-Dog. At this, I just hug him and in the process, I take the keys to the handcuffs from his pocket. "Thanks for being my friend T-Dog" I say with a big smile just as it starts to rain.

Every once in a while I walk past Merle with a smirk as he watches me with daggers in his eyes.

"I'll be in the loading zone." I tell T-Dog who nods up, while he keeps watching Rick and Glenn. I take advantage of the fact that they are distracted and I hide behind some construction tubes that are on the ceiling.

Then a few minutes go by and they begin to pack their things quickly. "Where is Justin?" Andrea quickly asks T-Dog.

"In the loading zone, he said he was going to the loading zone, he must be waiting for us." Says T-Dog. Before starting to search his pockets desperately.

"You can't leave me here!" I hear Merle shaking the handcuffs at him. "Don't do it brother, that's not human."

"I lost the keys. It was in my pocket and I can't find it." I hear from my hiding place T-Dog stutter, at this, I suppress a laugh.

"Damn you, you did it on purpose." Merle yells starting to insult T-Dog

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it was an accident." That is all T-Dog says before he leaves the roof and starts down the stairs quickly.