Where is my juice? Carl

Chapter 9 Where is my juice? Carl

POV Justin

After leaving Atlanta we arrived at the quarry where the camp was with the rest of the main cast and many uninteresting background characters.

After Rick's emotional reunion with his wife Lori and son Carl, things calmed down a bit. Until Carl saw me. Justin? Carl asks a little confused as he watches me with wide eyes after hugging his father. "Is it really you?" He says walking slowly towards me.

"Nope." I stick my tongue out at Carl. "I'm just a stranger who stole his face." I say while waving my hands dismissively before Carl hugs me.

"I thought all my friends were dead." Carl sobs a little. "And now it turns out that my dad and my friend are still alive, I'm so happy." Carl keeps holding me while he cries when a small crowd gathers around us. This is so embarrassing. I give Carl a pat on the back.

"Glad to see you, too, friend." I say with a small smile. Was Carl such a crybaby?

"Carl, where do you know the kid from?" A voice interrupts the hug and Lori comes to my rescue.

"Mom, this is Justin, you know Justin my friend from school. I told you about him many times." Carl says raising his hands to imply his point. Lori just nods her head and crouches in front of me.

"Welcome to the group Justin, I'm glad Carl found one of his friends." Lori says with a motherly smile.

"Thank you." I say quickly looking away.

"So here you are." Andrea appears behind me and grabs my hand as she leads me through the camp to an RV. "I'll introduce you to some people."

"So this is the boy they found in the city." A new voice appears from inside the trailer when old Dale comes out of it with a rifle on his shoulder. "Nice to meet you, kid, do you want a chocolate?" Dale says pulling a chocolate bar out of his pocket. At this, my eyes light up and I nod my head furiously.

"A fan of sweets, huh? Just don't let the other kids see the chocolate, they're very hard to come by these days." Dale hands me the chocolate bar which I start eating right away. What a nice person.

"Thank you very much, Grandpa." I say laughing a little with my mouth full of chocolate. My joke seems to have affected Dale more than it should as he sways a bit.

"Are you okay Dale?" Andrea asks looking at Dale.

"Yes... yes, it's nothing." Dale laughs a little. "These bones grow old by the day, yet I still put up a fight." Dale says, ruffling my hair and then starting to stand guard on the roof of his trailer.

"Andrea, is this the boy you mentioned to me a few minutes ago?" Another voice makes its appearance behind me. "What a cute little thing. How old are you? 9?" In front of me now is Andrea's sister, Amy squeezing my cheeks. Leave me alone woman. Calm down Justin, you just have to be a normal boy, a normal boy. Don't kill them.

I give a forced smile. "I'm 12 years old, my name is Justin, are you Andrea's sister?" At this Amy nods her head.

"But you are so small and for some reason, I want to crush you in a hug, it must have been very scary for you to be in the city." Amy says before hugging me. Stop hugging me so much, these people make my nerves jumpy.

"Amy is enough." Andrea says separating her sister from me. "Come, Justin, we'll show you the camp." Andrea says grabbing my right hand.

"I always wanted a little brother Andrea, you are always the oldest, now it's my turn." Amy says crossing her arms, then grabbing my left hand and pulling me towards her. Before this Andrea also begins to pull. They're going to split me in half, these crazy people.