You will all die down here

Chapter 16 You will all die down here.

POV Justin

I woke up to the sound of Andrea snoring, last night we all fought for the last bar of chocolate, ending in some fistfights and some children crying, however, in the end, the bar of chocolate was divided into equal pieces for everyone.

I still don't understand why they decided to spend the night in my room. "Justin, are you awake yet?" I hear Amy babble.

"No, I'm still asleep." I say snorting a little when I get up from my bed. On the floor on a mat are Carl and Sofia sleeping next to Andrea. Amy slept next to me. I didn't want to end up on the ground like last time.

"Why did they have to invade my room last night?" I ask innocently while Amy rubs her eyes, let's take advantage of the fact that she is almost asleep.

"Shane asked us to come with you, he doesn't like you being around those soldiers." Amy says before going back to sleep. I guess that explains why they decided to spend the night here.

Jenner is hiding something from me and today I will find out what he is hiding. I don't intend to continue being a human pin.

After a few minutes, everyone started to wake up while I'm deep in thought, the door to my room opened. "How was the night?" Shane asks with a smile. "Andrea, Amy, something came up, we have a meeting in 5 minutes in Rick's room." Shane says quickly. "You children stay here." Shane places his hand on my shoulder. "They are forbidden to leave the room, is that clear?"

I give a quick nod as Andrea and Amy quickly get ready to follow Shane. "How serious is Shane?" Andrea asks quickly. However, Shane doesn't reply and then leaves the room along with Andrea and Amy.

"Kids, don't get into trouble." Andrea says closing the bedroom door on her way out. Given this, I support my back against the door and a smile spreads across my face, this smile does not go unnoticed by Carl or Sofia.

"Justin, don't." Carl says shaking his head.

"We have to stay here, we'll get in trouble Justin." Sofia says.

"And since when do you guys tell me what to do?" I say with a dark smile watching them both flinch at me. "Now I'm going to investigate what this place hides, you can stay here like the babies you are or you can come with me, it's always good to have bait." I said tilting my head a little and walking over to my backpack.

From my backpack, I take my gun and keep it on my waist under the gaze of Carl and Sofia. "I thought they took it from you." Carl stutters a bit at the sight of my gun.

"I'll just take her for safety. If they tell anyone about this, they wish they hadn't. Alright?" I say with a charming smile. At this, Carl and Sofia fall silent looking at each other.

"I said okay?" This time I pronounce it a little louder than before. Both boys quickly nod their heads

"Alright." Both children say in unison. At this, I give them a big brother smile. "What are they waiting for? Let's move on." I tell them with my hands at my sides as they begin to gather their things and begin to follow me. "Good Guy." I said suppressing a giggle.

"We are not dogs Justin." Carl says following me with his arms crossed, while Sofia follows me obediently.

"I never said that, Carl." I say approaching him and patting his head.

"Enough, don't do that" Carl says with a red face, at that, I just cover my mouth while I laugh.

"What do you think the adults are discussing?" Sofia asks.