iii { day one }

"BE ON THE LOOKOUT. " i said to bob and phoenix. "bob, see anything on the radar?" i said, looking around to find maverick.

"no, i don't see anything, he must be under us or dead ahead of us somewhere." bob said. we see a plane come into view ahead of us.

"shit there he is! phoenix, bank right!" i exclaimed. phoenix pulled to the right. i pulled to the left as maverick flew by me.

"hello junebug, good eyes." maverick said. pulling behind me.

"yeah nice to see you too dad." i said, i sped up as he followed. "coming close hawk." i hear phoenix say. "hawk, phoenix, and bob, the first shot down has 200 push ups." i hear maverick say.

"what? who wanted that?" i said. "fanboy, payback and rooster." my dad said.

"those idiots." i said. "come on phoenix, turn and burn." i made my plane bank right fast, turning the plane around and came behind maverick. "lock up." i whispered.

"haha! beat that dad! go get your push ups." i said, pulling next to him. "good job junebug, i was going easy since it's the first day." he laughed.

"come on phoenix, let's head back to base." i said. "i'm in your wing." she said. "let's go." i said.

after i landed the plane i went over to phoenix. "damn hawk, how knew you could beat your old man." bob said. i laughed. "practice bob." i patted his shoulder.

"let's go get showers." phoenix said. we started walking back then we saw people doing push ups. i see bradley doing them as well.

i walked inside and walked straight to the showers. i started taking off my flight suit and i heard a knock on the door.

"i'm in here." i hollered.

"sorry junebug." a voice said. rooster.

"you're good bradley." i said, stripping the rest of my clothes and taking a shower.

~ after the shower and leaving base ~

i ended back at the hard deck that night sitting at the bar talking to penny.

"so how was today?" penny asked. i laid my hands down on the bar. "i beat my dad in dogfighting today, nice feeling." i laughed.

"oh my gosh june, you're going to get in trouble one day." penny laughed.

"well penny, you only live once." i smirked. i placed my cash down and left.

i walked down to the beach before sunset and just sat there. i sat in the picnic table on the beach and pulled my legs to my chest and rested my head on my knees.  i closed my eyes while listening to the waves crashing against the shores and the warm sun on my skin.

what seems like hours i feel a shadow come in front of me. i open my eyes and my eyes meet with a tall man wearing a white undershirt with a hawaiian shirt over with a pair of jeans.

"junebug?" bradley said. i looked at him and smiled, i patted the spot next to me. he smiled and happily sat next to me.

"what's up bradley? how was training?" i asked him. i yawned. he looked at me and patted his shoulder. i laid my head on his shoulder.

"it was ok, i went up with payback and fanboy and i had to do the 200 push ups." he said. i giggled. "it's good to see you trying bradley." i said.

"you better not have walked here again." bradley said. "then i won't tell you then." i smiled. he sighed.

"my god hawk, you never learn so ya?" he said. i laughed, "and i never will."

"god, let's get you home." he said. "i don't want to, i wanna watch sunset!" i poured.