viii { g-lock }

"WE HAVE 10 DAYS UNTIL THE URANIUM ENRICHMENT PLANT IS STOCKED. the plant is at the base of two mountains. your target is 3 meters tall and 3 meters wide." maverick said. "you will have to have a steep climb to the top of the first mountain then once to its peak, go inverted and continue the descending. the first pair will open the plant, that's miracle number one. the second pair will come after then get it inside the plant, that's miracle number two. you will have to have a steep climb up the second mountain and the g's are pulled so hard that 1600 pounds of force is imposing in your lungs."

"how many g's are we going to pull." someone called out.

"9 g's minimum." maverick smiled.

"the f-18 frame can only withstand 7.5 g's." rooster said.

"you have to exceed the limits of the air craft and yourselves." hangman called out.

~ coyote and phoenix and bob and hawk are in the air ~

"come on, let's do this." i said. i started the first mountain climb. it wasn't very comfortable but it wasn't horrible.

"everyone with me?" i called out. i heard everyone respond back to me. i went inverted once i came to the top of the mountain.

"bob you got my lasers?" i asked.

"affirmative hawk." he said.

"bombs away!" i called out. we started the second climb and my eyesight turned black on the edges. i blinked to keep myself awake. i grunted due the pressure on my chest.

"direct hit!" bob called out.

"yeehaw!" i said.

"everyone with me?" i asked.

"sure am." phoenix called out.

"i'm here." bob said weakly.

"coyote?" i asked.

silence.

"coyote?" i called again.

"he's gone into g-lock!" i called out.

a f-18 came behind coyote, maverick.

"come on coyote..." maverick said. his voice was worried.

"coyote pull up!" i yelled, trying to get him to wake up.

i see his plane pull up and i sighed in relief. "i'm okay, i'm here." i hear him say.

"oh thank god." i breathed.

"let's head back to base." maverick said.

we started flying back and i heard maverick call out, "bird strike!"

i watched phoenix try to recover her plane but it started descending.

"eject! you can't save it!" maverick yelled.

i see bob and phoenix eject and the parachutes are seen.

"well shit." i sighed.

"language." maverick says. i laugh.

"good to have you back dad." i said. i started flying and i looked at the controls. everything was good except one thing. my engine one was blinking red.

beeping filled the cockpit and i tried to recover.

"eject june!" i hear maverick say.

"if i eject now i'm becoming a splat ball, i have to ascend." i made my jet climb higher and let it free fall and i ejected.

the air was colder against my skin from being in the warm cockpit. i saw maverick head towards base. i saw the treetops come closer to my body. i braces myself for the impact.

the branches his my flight suit, the suit slightly protecting my skin. i closed my eyes as i made it to the ground. that shit fucking hurt.

~ bradley pov ~

"fuck!" i screamed. i slammed my hands in the window sill. i sat down in a chair that was close to me and i put my head in my hands. "no no no no no, this can't fucking happen." i mumbled.

i regained my composure and i bolted out of base and headed towards the tarmac. i came up to a worried looking maverick and he looked at me.

"where is she?" i said. my voice scared, his was weak but powerful. he didn't wan to lose you. he couldn't lose you.

"she's going to have to spend over night in the medical wing, same for phoenix and bob." maverick said. i nodded and jogged toward the medical wing of the base.

~ june pov ~

i opened my eyes to see pale white walls covered with the moonlight around me. i groaned as i went to rub my eyes but pain flared up my arm. "ah shit." i mumbled.

"baby?" i heard someone say. i looked over to my right and saw bradley looking at me. he had just woken up it looked like. i smiled softly at him.

"hey bradley." i said, my voice hoarse. my throat dry. he sat up and moved the chair closer to me. the sound screeching across the tile floor.

"what happened?" i asked. he looked at me and sighed. "you have a broken rib and a broken arm, the arm isn't too bad nor is the rib but you're going to be grounded for a while." bradley said.

"shit.. i didn't want that to happen." i mumbled. bradley took my hand in his and rubbed it. he took my hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"you might want to go check in phoenix and bob." i said, slightly tired. bradley looked at me and shook his head.

"no way in hell i'm leaving you." he said. he sat in a chair next to the hospital bed, his hand holding mine rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

"well then." i said. i laid my head down and closed my eyes. i tried to fall asleep but bradley became restless. i patted the side of me and i moved over so there was room for him.

i felt the mattress dip and felt his strong arms around me. i cuddled into his chest and he kissed the top of my head. bradley fell asleep, softly snoring.

bradley moved his head on top of mine once i laid my head back on his chest. i smiled and closed my eyes falling asleep in bradley's arms.

sorry it took so long to update!!