ix { iceman }

i've decided that june has only bruise ong around her rubs but no broken ribs, sorry for the small change!!

—————————

I FEEL RUSTLING BESIDE ME AND I GROAN. "shh, you can sleep." i hear someone whisper. bradley kissed my forehead. i smiled and reached for him. i hear his chuckle and i feel his arms wrap around me.

"i love you bradley." i mumbled. i put my head in the crook of his neck.

"i love you too june." bradley said. he kissed my cheeks then on my lips.

"i'll come check up on y'all later, i'll try to convince admiral cyclone to let me observe." i said. bradley laughed and kissed my forehead again.

"cant even keep you grounded for a day now can we?" he joked. i shook my head. he kissed my nose.

"i love you bradley. i'll hopefully see you later." i said. bradley stood up and smiled.

"i love you too junebug." he said. he walked out of the door and slowly shut it behind him.

~ back at base ~

i knocked on admiral cyclone's door and heard a soft 'come in'. i opened the door stood in front of his desk. he sat in his chair and he looked up to see me. his eyes widened as he looked at me with a shocked face.

"sir," i started, "i would like to stay in base and observe. i am unable to fly this mission due to my injuries but i would like to go in the carrier and stay around while everyone is practicing."

cyclone sighed, his hand punched the bridge of his nose. "i couldn't tell you no since your already here, so yes." i smiled. "thank you sir."

"dismissed." the admiral said. i turned and walked toward the door and left the room. i walked towards the room everyone stays in before they go to practice.

i open the door and i peak inside. i see phoenix looking at the door and when she saw me she jumped up and ran towards me.

"holy shit, june!" she carefully wrapped her arms around me. the brace in my arm made everyone treat me like glass which i'm not used to.

bradley wasn't in the room so i figured he was out practicing. i sat in an empty chair towards the front of the room. i hear some people bickering then them leaving. i heard the door shut then the door open then slam shut. everyone was silent and she heard someone plop down in a chair behind her.

she turned around and she saw bradley hunched over and his head in his hands. i got up from my chair and sat next to him. everyone started talking again and no one noticed me standing up. he didn't look up but moved away from me.

"bradley..." i said, my voice soft. he snapped his head up to see me.

"oh shit, sorry junebug." he said. he held my hand where no one could see them. "how the hell did you get cyclone to agree?"

"he felt bad that i was already on base so he just said yes." i smiled. bradley smiled then looked around and pecked my lips.

"i'll see you later tonight right?" i asked. he shrugged his shoulders.

"i'm not sure. but if i can't, i'll try to make it up to you." he smiled. i kissed him on his nose.

"i'm going to head back soon." i said. he nodded, his eyes sad but he tried to hide it. i smiled at him, i put my hand in his jaw. "i promise, i'll try to text you."

~ later that night ~

my phone vibrated on my couch as i watched tv. i picked it up and saw that my dad had texted.

dad
i'm coming over, i need
to tell you something.

me
okay, see you soon.

i shut my phone off and waited til my dad showed up. i continued watching the tv. i heard a knock on the door. ollie started barking like crazy. i got up from the couch and i walked over to the door. i opened it to reveal my dad standing there with his hands in front of him.

"hey, what's up?" i asked. i looked at my dad. his eyes slightly red and swollen. i opened the door wider to let him in. he looked at me and held me tight.

"he's gone." my dad sobbed. as soon as he said those words my heart sunk. no, ice is dead? what.. i froze. my eyes started tearing up and i wrapped my arms around my dad. his sobs were small but audible.

my tears left my eyes and ran down my face. i had never seen my dad so venerable except for when i remember goose dying. he never forgave himself.

"i thought you should know before i told anyone else. warlock told me after i was talking to bradley. ice's funeral is tomorrow, everyone is going. and i'm grounded, permanently." he said. i unwrapped my arms from him and my eyes widened.

"no, he can't fucking ground you. you are the only one who can teach this mission and how it can be flown!" i snapped.

"i know, he won't let me, but you're coming to the funeral, correct?" his voice cracked at the word funeral. i nodded.

"go home, get some rest." i said. my dad nodded and left. i sat on my couch, ollie sat next to me. i curled into a ball and cried. i didn't sob, my tear flowed down my face without stopping. i heard- my phone vibrate but i didn't bother to check it.

i heard a knock at my door and ollie barked again. i wiped my tears away and got up and opened the door. i was met with a smiling bradley but his smiled soon faded when he saw me.

"oh baby, what happened?" he asked, immediately coming inside and wrapping his arms around me. i put my head into his chest and fresh tears filled my eyes. bradley brought me over to the couch and he held me in his lap. his hands rubbing my back continuously.

"ice is gone..he's really gone brad." i sobbed. i thought j would stop crying but as soon as the words left my lips. he seemed to understand and he pulled my closer to him. he held me like i was a thin piece of glass. the last thing i could care about was my arm.

"come on, you're gonna be mad if you wake up with a sore back." he said. i moved off of him for a second as he got up but i clung straight to him once again. he walked to my room and he laid down and i laid next to him.

i cuddled into his chest sniffling. he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. he gently rubbed my back and my eyes grew heavy. i closed my eyes and i put my ear to his chest listening to his heart beat. the steady rhythm made me tired. i cuddled closer to him and i fell asleep in his arms once again.

im sorry for this really sad chapter! im going to be posting a lot tonight since i just watched top gun again today and it's fresh in my mind. also, thank you for 500+ reads!! it means sooo much to me!