iv { spiral }

I FELT HIS LIPS ON MINE AND IT TOOK HIM A SECOND TO REALIZE WHAT HAPPENED. he put his hand softly on my jaw and he started to kiss back.

i expected the mustache to tickle or bother me a little but it never did. i felt bradley stop and pull back. i looked him in the eyes and smiled. i felt loopy like i was on a drug.

"sorry." bradley said. i looked at him with an odd look, my smile faded. "what do you mean? don't be sorry." i said, worry laced my voice.

"i should go home." bradley said, unwrapping his arms from me. i looked at him get up from the couch and my heart crumbled.

"bradley-" i said, my voice cracking. "goodnight hawk, i'll see you tomorrow." he said grabbing his keys off the counter. him using my call sign hurt and his voice sounded so distant. so cold.

i watched him leave and ollie looked at me and jumped on the couch next to me. "come on ollie, let's go to bed." i mumbled, i walked upstairs and grabbed my pajamas and changed.

i laid in my bed curled into a ball. i have to get up early for tomorrow's lesson.

~ next morning ~

i didn't sleep well. i grabbed my undershirt and a pair of shorts and my flight suit. i changed and grabbed my glasses, my keys and got in the car.

i drove to the base and when i got there i saw bradley and ignored him. i sat in my seat and phoenix looked over at me, she had a weird look on her face.

"hawk." phoenix said, coming up to me. i looked hat her. "what happened between you and bradshaw?" i looked at my hands, "nothing."

"bullshit, you two were the best of friends yesterday, what the hell happened?" she said, her voice staying quiet so that nobody could hear her.

"well, we kinda...kissed?" i questioned, her jaw dropped. "but he left right after, he sound cold and distant. he said sorry then just left."

"that asshole. i'll talk to him." phoenix said. i grabbed her wrist and she looked at me. i shook my head, "dont, please." she sighed. "i can try." i let go of her wrist and she sat in her chair next to bob.

maverick walked into the room and everyone sat down. "the time til the mission is two weeks. your mission is to destroy the uranium enrichment base located between two mountains. there is a valley with sams located at the top of these. the sams will take you out. the valley has twists and turns but in the meantime, we will be practicing dogfighting." maverick said.

"any questions?" maverick asked, looking around the room, "good, hawk and rooster, you're up first." i sighed, i got up out of my seat and headed towards my jet.

"hawk," bradley called out once we were outside, "june. junebug." i turned around. i looked at him, before he said anything i said, "lets act like nothing happened bradshaw, ok? lets have a normal day." i snapped. he nodded, his lips pressed into a thin line.

i got my helmet on and sat in my jet. after i took off i waited for rooster to show up. once i saw his plane in the air i flew down.

"ok rooster, let's do this. i'm your wingman, lead away." i said.

"i don't see him anywhere." rooster said.

"he'll show around." i responded.

"junebug, don't be mad." rooster said.

"bradley just shut up." i snapped.

"where is he?" rooster mumbled.

"been here the whole time rooster." maverick said, a plane came above rooster inverted.

"game's on old man." rooster said. they both increased their speeds and started spiraling.

"you idiots pull up!" i yelled.

they continued spiraling under the hard deck. i became worried for both rooster and my dad.

"i could do this all day old man." rooster yelled.

they continued talking back and forth until rooster pulled up, causing rooster to get locked by maverick.

~ back at base ~

"what the hell was that rooster?" i yelled at him. he ignored me and i just turned around and walked to my dad.

"what the hell, you both broke the hard deck and that was horrid!" i yelled at him. he looked at me and didn't say anything.

"what is up with both of y'all?" i mumbled. i sat down in front of him.

"he's just mad, i'm trying to get him to forget the book so he can be a better pilot." maverick said.

"well whatever your doing spiraling durning training? stop it." i spat. maverick looked at me and looked back down. i walked out of the room and went to phoenix.

"did you fucking see that?" i told her. she snapped her head towards me and nodded.

phoenix let me vent about how my dad was being an idiot and she offered to take me out tonight to the hard deck.

"why not." i said. i went home and changed into jeans and a white top with a leather jacket over. i met phoenix at the hard deck at 6 pm.

"come on." she said, grabbing our beers and walking over to the pool table. we joked and played pool for fun and i almost forgot about today.

.