v { valley }

"WHY ARE THEY DEAD." MAVERICK ASKED.

"i slowed down without telling them." coyote said.

"why didn't you communicate with your team?" maverick said. coyote opened his mouth to speak. "don't tell me, tell their family." he pointed to phoenix and bob.

"and you, why are you dead." maverick said.

"we broke the 300 foot ceiling. i didn't anticipate the turn." phoenix said.

"why didn't you anticipate the turn, you were briefed on the terrain." maverick said. she opened her mouth to speak. "don't tell me, tell his family." mav pointed to bob.

"why is your wing man dead." he asked hangman.

"they couldn't keep up, i kinda flew like my ass depended on it." hangman smirked.

"and your wingman is dead, what are you going to do?" maverick asked. hangman seemed to think and he didn't answer.

"why are you dead." mav asked rooster.

"sir they were the only ones who made it to the target." phoenix defended.

"a minute late. he is dead, he gave the enemy defenders enough time to find them and shoot him down he is dead." maverick said.

"then it's a dogfight." rooster said.

"against fifth generation fighter planes? i don't think so." maverick said.

"it's not the plane it's the pilot." rooster said.

"exactly." maverick spat.

the room seemed to fall quiet until hangman spoke.

"you can't be team leader if you're late." hangman interjected. "anyone who follows you will not make it home." rooster glared at hangman.

"put a sock in it hangman." i spat, glaring at him. he seemed to not care about what i said.

"oh come on, i can't be the only one who knows that maverick here flew with rooster's old man." hangman laughed. i glared at hangman knowing that rooster's family was a sensitive topic for him.

"you son of a bitch-" rooster yelled and he got up from his chair and ran towards hangman. everyone pulled the two apart.

rooster yelled something at hangman that i couldn't hear. "hey i'm fine, i'm fine." he said as he took someone's hand off of his shoulder.

"he doesn't have what it takes to be in this mission." hangman said. "and you know that." he looked at maverick.

rooster looked at him with anger in his eyes and he started yelling again. "roost." i said. he looked at me, "calm down." i put my hand on his shoulder.

"dismissed." maverick said. hangman walked out of the room then rooster followed after a while. after everyone had left the room i sat in my chair and pulled my knees up to my chest.

i heard footsteps and i looked up to see my dad. "what the hell was that?" i asked, i stood up anger lacing my voice.

"he had to know." maverick said.

"well don't fucking pressure him like that, ok? he's mad about something with you, and he won't tell me. so this makes it even worse." i yelled. "don't even try to tell me something i don't want to hear. and you didn't even tell at me when you were yelling at him, i was his wingman."

"i pulled his papers." maverick said. i looked at him.

"why would you pull his papers?" i looked at him.

"his mother didn't want him to fly and i promised her i wouldn't let him. i don't want him to neglect her, i'd rather have him neglect me." maverick said.

i walked out of the room and headed towards the showers.

~ after shower ~

i got in my car and headed off base. i headed home to change into a bathing suit and headed to the beach in my car. i had a few extra towels so i was good. i parked my car and walked into the beach.

i laid my towel down on the sand and put my sunglasses on and closed my eyes as i laid on the towel.

"junebug." i heard someone call. i sighed and lifted my sunglasses to look at them.

"what do you want dad?" i said. he looked at me and sat in the sand next to me.

"rooster yelled at me and he told me he fucked up with you, what happened?" he asked.

"dad, i haven't even told penny yet, calm down. all that happened was that we kissed, and then he left." i told him.

"well, he told me to tell you he's sorry." my dad said. i scoffed.

"tell him thanks." i responded.

"we are going to be at the beach tomorrow. bring a bathing suit, tell everyone."

maverick got up and left leaving me alone on the beach. i sighed and laid back down and closed my eyes again. 

sorry it's such a short chapter!