KAIROS

KAIROS

"Don't be afraid to take a stand

"Don't be afraid to take a stand."

Scar Woods had found her solace in hawking headlines and working on the street of New York in 1899. She lived her life alongside the newsies, boys she saw as brothers, and the self-proclaimed King of New York, Jack Kelly. Thick as thieves, they ruled Lower Manhattan. Scar was fine right where she was, but Jack's quest for more might become the breaking point of their friendship. Joined by new friends, the newsies will have to stand together to fight for their rights and the world they want to see.

CAST

abigail cowen as lydia "scar" woods

"You know we can't give up, right?"

florence pugh as cora reid

"I want you to know that I'm proud of you

"I want you to know that I'm proud of you."

FEATURING

jeremy jordan as jack kelly
ben fankhauser as davey jacobs
kara lindsay as katherine plumber
ben tyler cook as racetrack higgins
sky flaherty as albert dasilva
josh burrage as jojo de la guerra
tommy bracco as spot conlon

---
author's note:

welp, here's a newsies fic 😂
i've been a fan of the musical since 2019 (late to the game, i know) and really wanted to write something for it. scar has been with me since i first watched the musical (she actually came to me in a dream. . .writer brain lols) and last summer i FINALLY was able to sit down and write her. i had known that there were cut songs from the musical as well (forever bitter we don't have a studio version of 'then i'll see you again' but i digress), so i decided to use those in here, too!
i want to give a disclaimer that i don't own newsies or any of the songs used in this story. i simply own scar, cora, and their plot lines.
so here we go, time to introduce you all to scar and cora. . .