Chapter 22

Jade let Leigh-Anne change her into a hospital gown. She was too tired to put up a fight.

"Are you wet baby?"

"No"

She secured the harness around Jade's wrist before putting the other end on her own.

"M'sleepy mama" she whined leaning on Leigh-Anne. 

Leigh-Anne put Jade's onesie that she wore to the hospital on top of the thin pad on the cold hard steel table. They didn't give hybrids beds.

She helped her onto the table. Jade started to feel pain in her lower back. She whimpered curling into a ball.

"What hurts bubba?"

"Back" She said quietly.

Leigh-Anne put her hand on Jades lower back. Quickly moving it when she winced in pain.

"They will help you to feel better." Leigh-Anne felt so bad for her baby. She just wanted to coddle her and tell her it will be okay.

A nurse came into the room. She was a hybrid as well. She had small round ears on top of her head. Just like Jade. Her tail was fluffy and spotted. She was a cheetah.

"Hi, I'm Amabala. I'll be your nurse for your stay. What's your name?"

"Tell her your name bubba"

"M'Jade"

"Okay Jade, I want to ask you a few questions. let's start simple. How old are you?"

"She's twenty-four" Leigh-Anne told the woman.

"Okay and When did this burning sensation start?"

"Baby? When did it start burning when you wee?"

"Tuesday" She whispered so that only Leigh-Anne heard.

"Tuesday" Leigh-Anne relayed the message.

"When was the last time you were sexually active?"

"16 days ago"

"I need her to answer please"

"She's feeling small right now so I'm answering for her. I'm with her just about everyday except this past week."

"Are you her owner?"

Leigh-Anne cringed at that word but nodded.

"Okay, then that's fine" She went on and on asking many questions.

" I'm going to need a urine sample and I'm going to draw some blood" She left the room coming back a few moments later. With a cup and butterfly needle.

"That's used" Leigh-Anne pointed out.

The woman nodded.

"That's not sterile. You do know you can put people at risk using contaminated needles right?"

"We recycle from clean humans"

"Absolutely not. You're not putting that in her arm."

"It will cost you extra for a new one."

"That's fine. I would like to see you take it out of a package that hasn't been tampered with"

"Delivery will take up to twenty minutes. So in the meantime I need her to pee in this cup."

"That is a paper cup. . ."

"Ma'am resources are limited. The government doesn't cover supplies for hybrids." Leigh-Anne ran a hand through her hair taking the cup from the woman. Once the door closed she went to tap Jade.