Chapter 23

Jesy let Perrie pick up a bunch of things from the hospital gift shop.

"Is that all baby?"

"No. And this mama needs this."

"Mama doesn't need that baby"

"Yuh huh, she does"

"No baby"

"Yes. Right mister? Mama needs plushie?"

"Yes she does" he said, smiling at the hybrid.

"Alright that's the last thing let's go pay"

"Wait amma. Jadey needs binky"

"She has binkys"

"But not this one"

"Thats it, no more. Let's go" Perrie smiled grabbing the binky.  Jesy paid for the items that cost her an arm and leg.She gave Perrie the bag as she asked to hold it.

"Hello, I'm here to see Leigh-Anne Pinnock, I spoke to someone over the phone."

"Ah yes. Follow me" The nurse pulled back a curtain revealing a sleeping Leigh-Anne.  Perrie went to climb on the bed and Jesy pulled her back by the harness.

She tapped her gently.

"Babe" Leigh-Anne opened her eyes looking around her.

"Jade. . . . I left Jade. She can't be alone. Can you go stay with her please? She doesn't like to be alone at the hospital. I don't want them to do anything while she's alone.”

"Do you feel okay though?"

"I'm fine.  I'll be down there soon. "

"Wait amma. Give her a gift?"

"Yes, give her one." Perrie cheered, handing her the brown teddy in a hospital gown.

"Love you mama. Feel better"

" Thank you bubba.I  love you too." Leigh-Anne's heart swelled at the sweet gesture.

"Love you again. Bye bye." Leigh-Anne blew her a kiss and Jesy kissed her cheek and left.

Jade looked up when the door opened. It was a nurse. 

"How are you feeling hun"

"Sad"

"Why?"

"Mommy left me all alone and the doctor is going to stick me"

"No one is going to stick you until your mommy comes back" After a big lawsuit doctors and nurses weren't allowed to tend to hybrids without their owners present unless it was life threating or for surgery. Although some did it anyways.

She checked Jades vitals and sat talking with the girl. She was trying to figure out what was causing her kidney pain.

"Do you drink a lot of water?"

"Mommy gives me lots of water."

"Okay, do you hold your pee for a long time when you have to go?"

"Sometimes"

"Do you know why?"

"Because sometimes mommy puts me in a nappy or pull up even when im big and I don't want to use it."

"At home or outside?"

"Both. But also because sometimes it feels good."

"It feels good? When you hold your pee?"

"Uh huh" The nurse knew exactly what Jade was talking about.

"Do you hold your pee everytime or just sometimes?"