Chapter 4

((Vanessa POV))

Vanessa awoke to find herself back in her room. She stood up yawning and looked at the clock. It's surprisingly still early before the timer could go off on its own. She gets up from her bed and went to the bathroom before Bella.

Vanessa takes her clothes off and throws it in the hamper before heading in. She turns on the knob as the cold water hits her warm skin, but she could careless about it. She washes herself after being outside last night. Her mind began to wonder towards Jasper causing for her to shake her head and open her eyes.

"Stop it Vanessa. His not your problem." She hisses to herself. She stops washing herself and got out drying her body. She uses her bath robe as she dries her hair with her towel before heading to her room.

She stops feeling someone inside causing for her to silently back away. She kept her heart steady as she walks backwards before heading to Charlie's room. She silently walks over to his nightstand and opens the drawer taking his gun out before walking back to her room.

She held onto the handle and held his gun tightly to her hand before twisting it quickly and pushing the door open as she aims inside her room. She walks inside not letting her guard down as she notices her window that was once closed open. She looks out the window before shutting her window.

She looks out closely when she felt a tap on her shoulder causing for her to aim the gun immediately towards the person. Bella held her hands up in shock seeing Vanessa holding the gun towards her.

"Sorry." Vanessa lowers the gun and sighs as Bella gulps.

"What happened?" She ask lowering her hands as Vanessa looked outside again before back at her.

"I don't know. I just felt like someone was inside my room."
"Was that why you have Charlie's gun?"
"Uh, yeah. Good thing he still kept it there."
"And good thing you didn't blow my head off." She grumbles and leaving my room as I scratched the back of my head.

"Did you leave your window open last night?" I asked as she turns to look at me.

"No, why?"
"Cause it was open."
"Huh, Charlie probably did."
"You do know Charlie will never step foot inside your room at night unless something has happened right?" Bella just shrugs and closes her door as Vanessa shook her head.

She walks towards her speaker to notice that her iPod was now there. She picks it up and checks the battery to see it fully charged. She sets it back down shaking her head before getting ready.

((3rd POV))

"Bye dad."
"Bye."
"Bye girls, stay safe." Charlie says as Bella and Vanessa walked out the house and into the truck.

Vanessa listens to her music as Bella drives in silence. They soon made it to the school parking lot and they both got out the car. Bella looked at the other side of the parking lot to notice that Edward wasn't with his 4 siblings.

Vanessa notices her staring causing for her to nudge Bella who looks at her as Vanessa took off her earphones.

"You okay? Your staring at them like a creep?" She tells her in a whisper and Bella clears her throat.

"Uh, yeah, I'm okay."
"Bella! There you are!" Jessica runs up to them as Vanessa immediately puts on her earphones and walks off before Jessica could say hi to her. She almost made it to the front door when she was yanked away from the door as a flying ball move fast her face causing wire of her left earphone to fall.

"Sorry!" The jock boy who caught the ball shouted behind her as the one who threw it apologizes with a smile before running towards his friend.

"You should really pay attention next time." She hears a feminine voice causing for her to look and see the blonde female. Rosalie, Vanessa thought. Despite the hair color, they don't look like they're twins at all. How the hell did she appear next to me so quick?

"Yeah, thanks." Vanessa tells her removing the blonde's hand from her arm.

"She has a voice." Rosalie says crossing her arms and Vanessa looks at her stoically.

"Is there anything else you want to hear or know besides my voice?" Vanessa ask harshly shocking Rosalie, usually humans get intimidated by her appearance and nature but Vanessa doesn't seem like any other human.

"No."
"Good then we're done here." Vanessa puts her earphone back to her ear and walks off leaving Rosalie baffled.

"Shocked she talked back at you?" Emmett smirks seeing the shock face of his mate's beautiful face.

"Don't even." Rosalie growls lowly and crosses her arms as Emmett chuckles and held her. Jasper and Alice walks up to them with Alice having a big smile to her face

"Jeez never knew she has that big of a fire."
"Yeah, looks like Rosalie got herself a new best friend. Maybe." Emmett shrugs earning a smack to the chest by Rosalie.

"I'll be right back." Jasper says as he follows his mate into the building. Vanessa heads inside the library and hid herself at the science section knowing full well that no one goes there. She drops her back and sat down onto the floor feeling her body shaking as her heart beating fast.

Her nails digging against the tiled floor as she breathes heavily. She plays her music loudly against her ears as her hands shot up to her head as she grips her hair tightly to her face. She tries to calm herself as she felt it build up and felt as if she could burst, but before she could, cold hands where placed against her cheek causing for her eyes to open as she looked to see Jasper.

He only stares at her with his yellow eyes, a worried expression on his face. Jasper sees the tears and pain she going through as he could also feel it crawling inside of him like something was trying to get out.

"Shhh, it's okay. Breath." He tells her but she was breathing heavily and the music was too loud in her ears which he could hear as well. Vanessa's vision was too hazy for her to focus on what he was saying and Jasper didn't know what else he could do before bringing his lips against hers shocking Vanessa.

After a couple of seconds, Jasper pulls away from her and moves back to give her space as she stares at him with shock.

"Sorry, I didn't know what came over me." Jasper says before leaving her alone in the library.

Vanessa looks towards his retreating form as she just sat there processing what just happened before blacking out. Bella looks around her sister worriedly as she saw Jasper leaving the library alone.

"Excuse me!" She called gaining his attention causing for Jasper to stop and look seeing Bella.

"Yes?" He ask in a whisper as he puts his hand in his pockets.

"Have you seen my sister? Her name is Vanessa and she usually wears earphones in her ears." Bella says and Jasper pointed towards the library as Bella nodded.

"Thank you." Bella then headed to the library as Jasper notices her holding a syringe which made him frown and follow her immediately.

"Nessa." Bella calls out earning a shush from the students causing for her to apologize. Bella soon found her at the science section with her eyes closed causing for Bella to run towards her.

"Nessa." She shakes her awake, but Vanessa didn't move a muscle. Bella was about to insert the syringe when Jasper pulls her away.

"What do you think your doing?" He ask angrily shocking Bella.

"Helping her."
"What?"
"I need to help my older sister." Bella tells him and Jasper looks at Vanessa who was still limp before letting Bella go who kneeled next to her and injects her.

"Nessa." Bella calls as Vanessa groans and looks around.

"Bella? What?"
"I don't know, I was looking for you because you forgot to take your medicine today. Good thing I had a spare and found you before it's too late." She says as Bella hugs her immediately and Jasper watches them thoughts running through his head.

Medicine?

"Let's bring you to the nurses office. Is it okay if you help us?" Bella ask Jasper who was still standing there.

"Of course." Jasper says as he picks Vanessa up to his arms as Bella grabs everything and follows them out the library.