Chapter 8

Night has fallen as Jasper began reading the books and he couldn't stop. He was intrigued with the book to say the least with the characters, plot, their love that is taboo including the antagonist. He didn't even notice his door opening or Carlisle walking in.

"Jasper? Is everything alright?" He looks up to see him standing there with a concerned look.

"Yes, I'm alright."
"You are awfully quiet then usual."
"Well I have been reading this novel that my mate suggested me reading."
"I see, it's good to see you found your mate and Alice can finally look for hers although she already saw him, we are just waiting for the right moment. He tells him as Jasper smiles before putting a book mark at the page he left on.

"What's bothering you?" He asked as Carlisle pulls a chair towards him and sits down.

"I've just been thinking...what if my soulmate doesn't accept me?"
"Why wouldn't she?"
"Vanessa has...a void emotion and I rarely feel anything when I try to give such good ones it's like something else is giving me darkness." He tells her and he nodded.

"Possibly she has depression Jasper. It is the darkness that humans have mostly teenagers when they feel overwhelmed or had a very bad experience from the past they couldn't let go of."
"But Vanessa is with her father now shouldn't she be happy again? From what I know was that she, her sister and mother left him causing a devastating event for my mate." Jasper growls angrily hating the fact his mate got hurt by her own mother before taking a deep breath to relax as he feels Alice's emotions to do so.

"She still doesn't seem very happy."
"That's because depression just doesn't go away with a blink of an eye, Jasper. It takes a long time for it to heal no matter if you are already with your love ones or not. From what I learned from humans, they are void of emotions and only feel the negativity instead. So I suggest that maybe you should be with her to comfort her. You are her mate after all." Carlisle smiles and Jasper nodded smiling as well.

"Thanks Carlisle, I'll possibly just do that." He says and Carlisle smiles standing up as he patted his shoulder before leaving his room and shutting the door to give him privacy knowing already that the others have listened to their conversation already.

The next morning rises as Jasper waited at the parking lot for the Swan's to arrive with the books in his hand he looks around to make sure they haven't walked passed yet.

"Jasper? You alright?" Emmett ask noticing his odd behavior.

"Yeah, just...waiting." He mutters and soon Bella's truck arrives and parks at the other side of the lot. He waited as the Swan sisters got out of their car and Vanessa listening to music while walking beside Bella.

Jasper immediately ran towards her with human speed before tapping on Vanessa shoulder grabbing her attention. She takes her earphones out looking at Jasper with confusion.

"Good morning Vanessa."
"Morning." She mutters under her breath as she notices all the students began to look at them and whispering.

"I want to return these to you." Jasper says handing her the first series which she took.

"You finished them already?"
"I finished the first series and I couldn't stop reading them after the first book."
"Wow, you didn't get much sleep then." She says in shock as Jasper smiles nodding his head before glancing up to see Bella looking at them with a smile before walking off proudly.

"Yeah, it was too good to stop. Especially the part where-" Immediately Veronica covers his mouth shushing him only receiving loud gasps and whispers making Veronica pull away. She looks around as everyone's eyes where on them and felt her heart beating faster. Jasper felt a pain on his chest knowing for sure this isn't the flattering kind.

"Hey, it's okay. Listen to me okay?" Jasper calls to her but all it she hears was the echo of his voice as she turns to look at him. The world around her begins to spin as Jasper immediately takes her away from the prying eyes of others and inside the empty music room.

"Vanessa, look at me." He tells her and she looks at him gasping as tears began to leak from her eyes.

"It's okay." He tells her before pulling her gently to him and wrapping his arms around her causing for her to clutch his arm. He strokes her hair softly as she whimpers against him making him feel sadness, but he held on as he tries to give her a warming feeling to keep her calm.

He begins to hum softly to her while holding her close as Vanessa slowly begins to calm down. She pulled away slowly which he lets her before they look at one another.

"Are you okay?" He ask and she nodded in response.

"Yeah, sorry about covering your mouth and all, I just...I didn't want people to hear what you were talking about."
"How so?"
"There were too many people looking at us."
"I don't mind if they were to look."
"But I do Jasper, I..." She stops and Jasper couldn't help, but feel an overwhelming warmth hearing her say his name yet he could feel her sadness.

"I just don't want others to know anything alright? I don't want people thinking that I'm taking you away from Alice since you two are dating. We can talk, but not in public. I don't want to give you a bad reputation." She tells him grabbing the bag and leaving immediately not looking at his face once. Jasper could barely utter a word out since she left in a hurry and he didn't wanna chase her to give her another problem. He sighs and covers his face as he hears the door open making him look and see Alice with a knowing look.

"I'm sorry."
"It's okay..."
"I wish I could help."
"Yeah."
"Actually, I have a plan."

After first period, Vanessa walks down the hallway hoping no one would talk to her about her and Jasper. She was ready to put her earphones on when she hears some whispers.

"Did you hear that Alice and Jasper broke up?"
"Was it something with that Swan girl?"
"No, they said that they found someone else they love and agreed to still be a family and friends." She stops for a moment with a confusion look on her face. She then felt a tap on her shoulder causing for her to turn and see Alice with a wide still creepy smile.

"You can have him since you two belong to one another. Don't give yourself unwanted pain. You two deserve each other." She tells Vanessa looks at her with confusion before looking forward to see Jasper.

"Hey, can we talk?" He ask and held his hand out towards her. Vanessa looks back towards Alice who was now gone almost immediately before around her seeing other students looking and whispering.

Unsure of what to do, Vanessa took the risk and took his hand causing for him to smile and take her with him outside the school.

"Jasper, I can't skip class like you and your siblings, I need to go to my next class."
"I know. It's just...I don't know what to tell you and it's hard." He sighs as Vanessa stares at him confuse.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me anything."
"I do, I need to but its also for your own protection and choice." Jasper tells her his accent becoming more and more prominent with frustration which still confuses Vanessa.

"Jasper, I'm not special for you to tell me anything."
"You don't think that but you are to me."
"We only met a couple of days."
"And those days felt like centuries to me, every moments we had is what I cherish the most Vanessa." He tells her before taking his cold hands to her warm once. Despite the cold weather of Forks, his hands are way colder than Vanessa imagines. Her heart was pounding fast and Jasper could hear it which made him feel warm.

"Jasper, I still don't know what you're saying." Vanessa tells him and Jasper sighs shutting his eyes before opening them.

"Let me take you somewhere."
"Jasper."
"I know, but please. This is very important." He tells her and she stares at him contemplating before letting his hands go making him sadden until she said something.

"I'll call Charlie and tell him something. Hold on." She says and moves away for a bit as she takes her phone and calls Charlie.

Charlie immediately answers as they both talked to one another and Jasper didn't listen for her and her father's privacy until Vanessa hangs up.

"I can go, but my dad wants you to promise him that you'll bring me back home at exactly 9:30."
"Deal." He smiles with joy and held his hand out to her. She looks at his hand before taking it and almost immediately Jasper pulls her towards him.

"Jasper?"
"Hold on tight princess."