Chapter 12

They soon arrived to the restaurant and Jasper his car at the side of the house. He gets out first and quickly went to the passenger side and opens the door for Vanessa as well as holding her hand out. She takes his hand and got out the car as Jasper closes and lock his car. They held hands as they walk towards the restaurant. Jasper notices how she shivered as he immediately takes off his jacket and put it on her.

"Thanks." She smiles as he smiles back and held her hand again before they head inside.

"Hi, my name is Jasper Collin, I have a reservation for 2." Jasper tells the hostess as she looks down and nodded motioning for them to follow her. They kept walking when Vanessa notices her sister from across the restaurant. Bella glances her way and immediately looks back at her with a shocked look as the guy she was with turned and looked as well revealing Edward.

Vanessa motions that she's watching them and Bella became flustered as she looked away immediately from her and Edward chuckling. The hostess led them to a secluded booth away from prying eyes as they both sat down.

"Alright, here are your menus and there will be someone helping you." She smiles before leaving.

"How are you?"
"Cold and nervous."
"Nervous part I can help, cold...I would like to apologize for that." He tells her as Vanessa giggles.

"It's fine."
"Hello, my name is Jack and I will be your waiter today." The waiter walks up smiling before his eyes went towards Vanessa.

"Woah...you are...beautiful." He tells her as Vanessa looks up at him in shock as Jasper glares at Jack.

"Mind getting your eyes off of her?" Jasper growls lowly causing for the waiter to shaken up.

"S-Sorry. Uh...d-do you guys want anything?" He stutters from fear.

"Yes, another waiter or waitress would be nice." Jasper tells him as he nodded and left with his head down.

"Hey, it's okay," She held his cold hands as Jasper looks at her, kissing her hand as he closes his eyes calming himself down before looking up at her. His yellow eyes stared at her brown ones before he pulls away from her hand still holding it.

"Thank you, darlin'." He smiles as she smiles back and soon another waiter came and took their order.

"So, how long have you and your family been here?"
"Not that long. We came just a couple of months ago, but we owned this land for a long time. Well parts of the territory while the other goes to the shapeshifters. Your house happens to be in between." Jasper tells her as she hums understanding and soon their meal came as the waiter placed the plates down in front of them and left.

"You're a vampire, why did you order this?"
"Well, It would be weird since I am on a date with you. I have to act like human."
"Well, to act like one is to eat like one. We can always get it for to go anyways." Vanessa says as Jasper nodded and watch her eat her meal.

"You know it's rude to stare."
"Sorry, I can't really look away. Your beauty is captivating." Jasper grins as Vanessa felt her cheeks turn red from his compliment.

"Thanks." She drinks her tea before continuing to eat again as Jasper reaches over and wipes the sauce from the side of her lips with his thumb before licking it.

"Quite delicious." He teases as she rolls her eyes at him.

"That probably tastes like nothing."
"It actually tastes like dirt." He tells her with honesty.

"Oh wow, must taste pretty bad then."
"Yes, but since it was from your lips, I didn't mind the taste." Vanessa's heart pounded fast within her chest as if she had ran a mile without sweating. Jasper grins knowing that he had caused this as Vanessa clears her throat.

"Alright I...don't know what to say." She laughs softly as she took another drink of her finishing the glass. Throughout the night, Jasper would compliment or say stuff that would fluster poor Vanessa that on their way out, she would start tripping on her steps if it wasn't for Jasper holding her holding a bag of takeout.

"Falling for me now?"
"And what if I am?" She ask as they made it to his car.

"I would've been the happiest man on earth." He tells her grinning as he pulls her closer to him. Couples would walk past them smiling at them as Vanessa stared into his yellow eyes while they stare back down at her. Vanessa bit her lip out of habit causing for Jasper to growl lowly.

"Don't bite your lip like that if you don't want this to escalate."
"It's our first date."
"The other times weren't a date?" Jasper asked as he faked his shock and Vanessa smiles smacking his chest knowing that did nothing to him as Jasper laughs and so did she. It was a music to his ears hearing her laughter and he wanted nothing more but to make her happy.

"Maybe on our second date."
"Maybe?"
"Yes."
"As your wish." He kisses his hand as she shook her head. Jasper opens the door for her as she got inside and he closes it. He went to the driver side and gets in as he starts his car. Reversing out the parking lot, Jasper drives Vanessa home.

Jasper parks his car in front of the house and Jasper gets out and opens the door for Vanessa doing the same thing he did earlier. He walked with her to the front door as Vanessa went to take off the jacket, Jasper stops her.

"Don't. Keep it." He smiles as Vanessa smiles back and opens her front door.

"Goodnight Jasper."
"Goodnight to you too, Vanessa." She walks into her house and closes the door locking it behind her.

((Saturday))

Vanessa sat outside the porch as cars pass by the damp road. She took a deep breath letting the cold air enter her lungs before leaving her body. She hears her front door open and close as the heavy steps of her father came closer to her and he sat down next to her.

"Alright, what are we watching?" He asked as she looks at him seeing him in his uniform before looking back at the road.

"The misty day of Forks."
"Well, thats not really new."
"Since when is anything new in Forks?" Vanessa grins as he chuckles.

"How was your date last night?"
"It was good. Ate delicious meal and brought home food if you didn't notice."
"The lobster and fries?"
"Yep. Did you eat it?"
"Why? Was it for you?"
"No, it was for you."
"Oh, then yeah, I did." Charlie looks around for a bit before standing up.

"I'll be going to work. 100 is on top of the television."
"Alright, bye." He gave her a kiss on the head and headed to his car. Vanessa watches him get in and waved at her which she returned before he drove off.

Vanessa stayed outside for a few more moments and she sat up and walked into the house.