Chapter 7

Jasper and Alice drives up to the Swan residence and got out their car.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Alice ask him only to receive a look before knocking on the front door getting her answer. The curtains from the front door moves revealing Vanessa as she sees them.

"Vanessa, hi, we just came to see if you're okay?" Alice spoke only to receive the curtain closing as an answer. Alice sighs and went to knock when the door opens as she looks at them in silence.

"I know Edward came by and we just want to say that we aren't as bad as you think. We may have been very much different but I can assure you that we are...friendly."
"Friendly? Is that how you say of being innocent?" Vanessa ask looking at Alice then at Jasper.

"Well, yes but in a different meaning."
"Meaning?" Alice looks at Jasper who looks back before sighing and looks at Vanessa.

"Meaning that we don't plan on hurting you or anyone."
"Alright, then why tell me this?" She crosses her arms.

"Well we just want to make sure you aren't afraid of us and we also want to be friends with you."
"I told you before that I don't want or need friends. Now leave me alone." Vanessa tells them and closes the door.

"Well, that couldn't have gotten anymore worse." Alice mumbles as Jasper sighs before they both left. Vanessa watches them before walking upstairs to her room.

Jasper stops before handing his keys to Alice who looks at him.

"What?"
"I'm staying here, if the others ask just tell them I'm here."
"Jasper."
"She's my mate and I can't leave her." Jasper tells Alice who watches him run towards the front door. She shook her head smiling as she head to the car.

"Love birds." She mutters and enters the car before leaving. Jasper stood at the front and rang the bell again. He waited as he listens to Vanessa opening her bedroom door and walking down the stairs. The curtain opens revealing her as she let out a soft sigh and open it.

"What now?"
"Mind if I keep you company?" He ask softly his accent revealing itself as she stares at him for a moment before moving aside to let him in. He smiles a little and walks in and looks around seeing everything clean and spotless.

"What is it?" She ask him and he turns to look at her.

"I miss hearing you play the violin and I was wondering if I can listen?"
"I can't."
"How so?"
"Because...I don't have a violin of my own." She tells him crossing her arms.

"And that's one thing that my dad doesn't know. I love playing the violin and knowing him, he'll buy me one so I kept quiet about it."
"I see. Well, um..." Jasper looks down at his feet trying to think of a way to stay and talk to her. Her voice sounds velvety and charming that could almost lure anyone to their knees right in front of her.

"If that's all you need the door is right there for you." She pointed at the front door. She's not trying to be rude and Jasper knows that, she just doesn't have social skills like Bella who can only muster half of it.

"What about music? What type of music do you listen to?" He ask immediately.

"I think you already know what I listen to since your brother already has that super hearing ability which means you and your family could have it too." She pointed out and Jasper couldn't help but smile as he coughs trying to hide it making Vanessa grin a little as to which Jasper noticed.

"Yes, I guess that um.." He stutters not knowing what else to say. His a vampire yet he feels like any other teen boy in front of their crush.

"I really don't know what else to say, I guess." He sighs giving up home on talking to her.

"I guess unless books are in that category-"
"Yes! Books." He immediately replied as Vanessa looks at him noticing the excitement flashing in his eyes.

"Alright, um, what type of books are you into then?"
"Mysteries, Fantasy and Adventure."
"Like Sherlock Holmes?"
"Yes, but with a little bit of...romance as you might call it?"
"I see, I do have a series of books and they are basically in the category of what you have said."
"Really? What would that be?"
"Um, Blood Haven novel series. Have you heard of it before."
"Never heard of such book before, what is it about?"
"It's about fictional vampires and hunter. The main protagonist is a woman who is in love with a man who changed her into a vampire so now she seeks vengeance and she allies herself with the male lead and you know what happens to that."
"That sounds interesting. Who made it?"
"Well the author goes by Mis-Red. I have the 1st series and the second series if you wanna borrow them?" She offers and he smiles nodding his head.

"Okay, you can come with me since it's about 14 novels." She tells him and they headed up the stairs. Jasper could feel his blood pumping with excitement as they went inside her room. Despite the rest of the house looked so sad, her room was filled with happiness and joy. Lights and curtains surrounded the top of the bed with leaves wrapped around the wooden pillars.

Jasper looked around in awe as his not seen this much life in just one room. Vanessa turns to look at him seeing him explore and looking at stuff before turning back to her book shelf grabbing the books.

Jasper then saw a framed picture on her desk which he grabbed and looked at. It was Vanessa and her dad wearing baseball clothing and holding bats and gloves. Vanessa was smiling carefree with Charlie holding her up along with a smile of a proud dad. Her hand in the air holding a baseball and he couldn't help, but smile.

"I play baseball a lot since I was a kid. I was actually planning on joining the baseball team as well until we moved away from Forks." Vanessa tells him as Jasper puts it back.

"Did you join baseball then?"
"No, I was too sad to even think about it. My mom would always suggest on joining the baseball team in phoenix, but I would just ignore her." Vanessa then walks towards him and handed him a back.

"These are the books I was talking about. Don't ruin them, they're um...precious to me." She tells Jasper since these are the books that Reneè has given her when for Christmas last year.

"I won't, I promise." He smiles taking it.
"You should probably go, my dad and Bella would be home in a couple of minutes."
"Oh yeah." He mutters sadness taking over him as they both walked out the room and towards the front door. Coincidentally, Charlie walks in the house and saw Jasper and Vanessa.

"Vanessa." He looks at the two confused.

"Hello sheriff Swan."
"Jasper."
"He was on his way out dad. He came to borrow a novel series that mom bought for me last year."
"Ahh, okay. Well you can go." Charlie opens the door for him as Jasper nodded bid his farewell before leaving the house and Charlie closes the door leaving the two alone in awkward silence.

"D-Did you two uh-"
"Dad, no. We didn't. He and Alice came by to check on me before I let him in."
"And Alice?"
"She left I guess." Vanessa shrugs as Charlie nods in silence.

"Dad, I'm serious that nothing happened, we only talked about the novel and that's it."
"I know, it's just that- I think we need to do The talk."
"Oh my god." Vanessa rolls her eyes and leaves knowing his just joking around.

"What, I'm serious." He says in his joking tone and Vanessa groans out loud making him chuckle. Jasper listened from a distance smiling before leaving using his vampiric speed.