Chapter 6

Charlie knocks on Vanessa's door as Vanessa opens it.

"You okay, Nessa? Bella said you wanted to stay home today."
"Yeah, I'm fine, I just wanna rest a bit after yesterday if that's okay with you?"
"That's alright, I'll call to make sure you're okay."
"Sure."
"Alright, I'll head to work, I'll leave 100 on the TV stand if you want to order pizza or something."
"Okay, thank you and stay safe."
"You too." Charlie kisses her head before leaving as Vanessa shuts her door.

She sat walks towards her desk and sat down taking her homework out when she hears a tiny flick on her window. She turns her head to look before turning away not thinking of it until another pebble hit her window again and again.

She sighs and got up from her chair before walking up to her window and looking outside. She sees Edward waving his hand towards her way as she looks at him confused considering he should be at school with his siblings and possibly Bella.

She let out a soft sigh before opening her window and poking her head out.

"Hey, uh my name is Edward. I just wanna ask if you're okay?" He scratches the back of his head knowing fully that she won't answer her question and he was right. Vanessa just stared down at him with a stoic look that could make anyone fear her from her void expression.

"It's uh...just that my brother was worried about you the other day and wanted to make sure you're okay today so he told me to come and see you." He tells her while trying to read her mind, but there was nothing at all. Her mind is just like Bella, yet he hears faint whispers that seemed distant which confuses him.

"I know, I'm a stranger and uh..can't be trusted, but I'm glad you're okay now. I'll just uh...leave you be." He backs away slowly with his hands raised up a little before turning around to leave when he hears tapping. He stops and listens hearing soft tapping before turning to see her tapping her finger against the window frame.

"Do you uh...want me to stay?" He ask her and immediately her tapping stopped. He knew it was morse code, but he couldn't make it out since he doesn't know it except for Carlisle.

"Sorry, I'll just go." He immediately says and turns to leave.

"How did you hear my tapping from afar?" She ask hearing her voice for the very first time. It was soft, velvety and alluring. He turns his head again to look at her with slight shock before walking a little closer to her house.

"I just have a very good hearing."
"No...not many people would hear my tapping from where you were since I am tapping softly." She says and knowingly he knew that lying to her was inevitable, so he sighed.

"I can't tell you, it's a secret to my family and protection to hu-people." He tells her almost slipping on his words.

"You almost said humans like you aren't one, but then again, maybe you aren't human at all along with your siblings." She pointed out as he looks at her with shock again.

"I call everyone humans even my family as a joke." Edward says as she just stared without a thought of believing him.

"I don't believe the words, but I don't care either of what you are. Be it an alien or something deadlier. If you are one, then I suggest staying away from my sister. You wouldn't like it when I'm angry Cullen." Vanessa warns him, with such soft and charming voice it held danger that is telling him to run away, but he couldn't. His body just made him stand there until Vanessa shuts her window and closes her curtains finally giving him all his strength as he backs away from the house immediately.

Is he was still human, he knew his heart would beat miles upon miles to the point he'll get a heart attack on that spot. She is full of mysteries that's what he knows, Alice could see bits and pieces of her future, but something was giving her such a bad headache that she herself couldn't tell what it was.

Edward ran to school and was late to class, but easily enough had an excuse from Carlisle that he'll be late because of family emergencies. Once lunch came, Edward made his way towards his siblings not even taking a glance at Bella like he used to.

"Edward, you seemed spooked out did she throw something at you?" Emmett asked jokingly but he knew it's serious.

"No, she uh...just talked actually."
"What did she say?"
"Is that why you looked like you've seen a ghost?" Alice and Emmett asked at once.

"She asked about how I heard her tapping and I lied to her about it, but she...didn't believe me and I felt as if she was trying to pull a truth out of me and I tried to fight it but almost lost that battle. She when she threatened me, I felt fear. So much fear." Edward answers both their question as they all look at one another.

"So you almost gave yourself away just by her tapping?"
"She was giving morse code like this." Edward taps his finger the same way that Vanessa did.

"I don't understand it but I was planning on asking Carlisle."
"It means. you don't belong here and to leave." Jasper tells him.

"You know morse code?" Emmett ask.

"Yeah, he does taught me little bit of it." Alice tells them.

"So basically she was already telling you to leave."
"Why were you over there in the first place?" Jasper ask glaring at him which Edward knew he was pissed about it.

"To make sure she's okay."
"She's fine to begin with."
"Jasper."
"She should just gave her some space, she already had enough stress as it is." Jasper tells them shocking everyone on the table.

"Jasper, calm down." Alice tells him as Jasper kept glaring at Edward before rubbing his head feeling a slight headache.

"Sorry, I...I don't know what came over me. That..That wasn't me at all." He says with shock as well.

"You okay now right? You aren't gonna blow up?"
"Yeah, I'm fine it's just...ever since I felt her emotions, something is just building up inside me."
"Maybe we should stay away from her then." Rosalie says cautiously seeing what had happened just now. First it was Alice, then Edward and now Jasper. Whatever power this girl has, it's affecting her siblings.

"No, we can't. Look, I've tried to look into her head and there was nothing but faint voices."
"That's dangerous." Emmett tells him and Edward sighs.

"No matter how dangerous she is, she is still my mate and I am not giving up on her." Jasper tells them before getting up and leaving.

"Jasper wait!" Alice stood up and ran after him leaving the others behind.

"Where are you going?"
"Visiting her."
"I'll come with you." She says and Jasper stops to look at her.

"I know what you're gonna say and I am only doing this because you two are destined together and I want to help it. I doubt she'll start talking to you."
"She has before but...her voice was faint." He tells her.

"Then at least let me help you." She says making him sigh and nod before they left to go to the Swan's residence.