21

"hello everyone," minho smiled and pulled a thick pink folder from his bag, "i hope you're ready to get your homework back now," he opened the folder and got out a bunch of loose single and double sheets.

everyone sighed. hyunjin couldn't be bothered thinking about the homework right now since he was texting but he still lifted his eyes for a second and then let them go down to his phone again once he realised nothing was required from him currently.

seungmin bit his lip with expectation and received a warm smile from the teacher.

"overall, everyone did pretty well. there have been some mistakes with some of the terms so i'll explain them again later but good job," minho smiled and started giving each person their own sheet back.

when he faced jisung, his smile reached his eyes and he handed the sheet instead of placing it on the desk like he did to everyone else.

"thank yo-"

"can i ask something of you?," minho started speaking at the same time as the boy, "can you send me your plan for your presentation? just scan your notes please."

jisung didn't know what that was about but he nodded.

"i am afraid i'm missing the page with my grade. if it doesn't inconvenience you i'd like to have your layout to help me recall your expose better," the teacher put on a charming smile and received another nod.

"yes, mr lee."

"great. um, same goes for chaeyeon too," minho turned to the side to look to where the girl was sitting, "please send me an overview of the main points."

"alright, mr lee," she nodded and smiled cooperatively.

"thank you so much," minho rejoiced and kept placing the rest of the tests on other people's desks, "next time we'll hear mr jung and mr heo's presentations."

"uh, excuse me," changkyun who was sitting right behind jisung raised his hand, "how am i supposed to do my presentation assiduously and attentively without knowing whether you'll treat my work accordingly?," he asked and the teacher's brows furrowed. he always tried to sound sophisticated when asking questions but they ended up coming off as awkward.

"i mean, i wouldn't like to work for a long time on this and then end up having to repeat it because you lost your notes," he clarified and minho bit his lip and nodded.

"i understand and i apologise. the concerned people can discuss this with me after class if there is a problem," the teacher calmly explained. it was impressive how he was keeping his cool.

"it's unfair, i think. i wouldn't like to have my work forgotten by you and the current situation makes me fear that this might be the case," changkyun insisted and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"mr jung, i'll make sure to keep the note sheet from your presentation in particular in the inner pocket of my shirt, close to my heart so that it won't be going anywhere," minho replied and earned a collective giggle from his audience.

changkyun clenched his jaw angrily but didn't say anything else.

"please prepare for next time, mr jung, and i'll make sure to be ready to take notes effectively too. now, if there are no more questions i'd like to go through the frequent mistakes..," the teacher swiftly changed topics and went back to the subject of the class.

changkyun couldn't argue any further and the case seemed to be closed.

"yes, mr lee," he leaned in and whispered, almost into jisung's ear, imitating his voice, "i bet you obey him like that in bed too, huh?," changkyun commented with a smirk and jisung made sure to roll his eyes visibly but then leaned forward on his desk. he didn't need to hear this at all.

minho didn't hear this, or at least he pretended not to, and started his class. jisung wondered whether he was not curious about the whispering on the third row or if he just sensed the danger in asking changkyun to speak up and thought it better not to intervene.

"what's the deal, han-ah?," the annoying voice asked again, as if it was in jisung's head, digging into his conscience, "you let him in and he gives you pretty a's? i know you like it, dirty whore," he continued with a smug smile.

jisung bit his cheek so hard that he felt his teeth leave a mark on the inner side but he couldn't get angry properly because he was afraid of giving the other boy the confirmation he was looking for.

*

jisung woke up the next day to an email from his teacher lee minho, telling him about the grade that he had received for his presentation. for some reason, he hadn't even waited to have jisung's report sent to him and he had already disclosed the grades. it was a b.

"hey, heard jongho has already had his presentation grade," seungmin said first thing after he saw jisung in the corridor, "not that i wanna stress you but you should check your mailbox. maybe he graded you too."

jisung nodded but bit his lip. how was he going to tell anyone that he had such a high mark when it was more than clear that his performance was worth a c at best?

"um, i-i'll check later," he ended up muttering and ran a hand through his hair to distract his friends from the uncertain response.

"you guys, do i look cute today?," hyunjin interrupted and patted his hair to smooth it, "i'm meeting changbin later and i wanna look good.."

"you're our own little sex symbol, don't sweat it," seungmin replied immediately with a wink. he was good at hyping people up, especially hyunjin, though everyone was successful in hyping him up.

the tallest boy puffed his chest but looked to jisung and felix inquisitively.

"yeah, you look great!"

"stunning, as always," felix grumbled in a low voice and cracked a sweet smile.