31

"so you got caught?," felix worriedly asked as everyone sat on a table at the cafeteria. jisung had filled them in on everything in the group chat.

"not really, he just assumed something was up and now he's seizing the authorities," the shortest explained with his head in his hands.

"i think that's taking it too far. i mean, he has no proof or anything," felix bit his lip.

"if you need proof, just come to class," hyunjin joined in, "they aren't exactly subtle, nor quiet."

"i feel horrible that he might lose both of his jobs because of me," jisung hummed and bit his cheek.

"jisungie, it's not your fault," felix grabbed his friend's hand over the table, "you didn't do anything to expose him."

"besides," seungmin spoke up, "it could've been anyone. if he had slept with another person they would be in your situation right now."

jisung didn't feel better after hearing that. in fact, he kind of started feeling worse.

"true. he got into that by himself," hyunjin agreed.

jisung hummed inattentively, "do you think there's something i can do?"

"um, like pray that the complaint doesn't say that you are the one who initiated the relationship?," hyunjin replied almost as a joke.

the shortest tsk-ed and started biting his dry lips. he didn't even know how this was going to happen.

"hey guys," a familiar voice was heard and someone new approached the table.

"hyung, hi," felix greeted with a happy smile as chan pulled a chair to sit on his side.

"hey felix. is everything okay? you guys look kind of gloomy," the oldest asked worriedly.

"no, it's okay. we're just tired," seungmin smiled, thinking that jisung wouldn't want the issue with minho to be revealed to his colleague in case he didn't already know.

"oh. hang in there, it's the end of the semester soon," chan waved a thumbs up and then turned to felix who was looking at him with fascination.

"i have to see someone," jisung cracked a small smile and stood up. he hoped chan wouldn't take it personally but now that he knew that he was here alone, he could guess where minho would be. and he wanted to get him alone.

the others greeted him and he picked his stuff and headed to mr jeon's office to meet with his substitute.

"mr lee," jisung uttered after he had knocked and heard a 'yes' from inside.

"what do you need?," minho lifted his eyes up slowly and left the paper he was writing on, on top of a pile on the desk.

"can i talk to you?," jisung sheepishly asked.

"is there something i can help with?," the teacher put on an innocent smile. he didn't try to get up and that's how the younger knew he wasn't about to cede to the temptation again.

"can we get out of this?," jisung complained, "what if i send mr jeon an email about it?"

"there will most probably be a hearing of some sort," minho honestly responded, "mr jeon will bring us all together to a room and ask us about the case. when everyone is done sharing their side he will decide what to do," he impassively stated, as if this was just an everyday procedure in his life.

"then tell me what to say," the student whispered, "to get you out of this, i mean."

minho was doodling on a piece of paper as the conversation was progressing. he looked so peaceful like this, maybe he was tired but there was nothing on his face that showed annoyance or tension.

"say what you want," he finally began, "you can tell everything, just how you see it."

"but i don't want that. i want you to keep your internship," jisung pleaded, "tell me what you're going to say."

"no. tell the truth, jisung."

"i don't want to tell the truth. nothing happened. we were professional the entire time," the younger insisted, blinking to diffuse his frustration tears.

"you know that's not true, jisung," minho's soft voice contradicted, and his shiny eyes lifted up, "not only did things happen, but they also intervened into my job."

"no," the student protested, getting really angry at his interlocutor.

"yes, jisung, i do have favourites, and i'm sorry that i made your being in my class more difficult because of it too."

"it wasn't your fault. i was-"

"it was difficult for me and i didn't pick out the right choices," minho cut him off, "but now that it went overboard it's really time for a conclusion. i deserve what changkyun did and i'll take whatever comes next with all the dignity i have left."

"you are very dignified," jisung exclaimed, "i'll do whatever i can to protect your position as an assistant."

"do as you see fit," the teacher replied, "i won't blame you either way."

they both stayed in silence for a little while, while jisung was reflecting, biting his lips anxiously.

"what will happen if they find out what really happened?"

"best case scenario, i will get fired, fined, and left alone to continue my life," minho pensively answered, "worst worst case would be sending me to jail for illegal activities and taking advantage of a subordinate. but that won't happen."

jisung's jaw dropped.

"i need you to stay calm," the older whispered and stood up, "things will get in line. maybe after everything is over we can hang out like normal people," he smiled and blushed cutely.

jisung nodded but couldn't get his lips to curve up to express his content.

"i need you to leave now," minho muttered seriously, "this is going to look a lot worse if anyone sees you coming here right before the scandal breaks."

the student nodded and mechanically turned around, with his heart feeling even heavier than when he entered.