Chapter 14

Nicole

Nicole

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from the Greys?" Vaughn deadpans before spinning around to face me. I hold my breath the moment he starts taking menacing steps towards me, closing the distance between us.

"Y-You did but you didn't tell me they had been transferred to this school." I manage to gather the courage to voice my thoughts. Inhaling a deep breath, I straighten my spine to pretend being unaffected.

"W-Why do you want me to avoid them at all costs?" I add softly, pushing the words past my lips. Then, I quickly dart my eyes away and wipe my sweaty palms on my thighs. Seconds later, he steps up to me and my heart freezes mid-beat in my chest.

I hate the way my body responds to the mere proximity of his.

"They're evil, for fuck's sake! That's all you need to know for now." Vaughn whisper-yells in frustration, and I flinch involuntarily at his tone. Then, he pauses and runs a hand through his hair, his eyes are slightly narrowed.

"It's gonna be hard to avoid them now since we're all going to the same school..." I respond under my breath, and my eyes drift back up to his. Heat swirls in my core as soon as our gazes connect.

Vaughn isn't supposed to make me feel that way...

"I know. But, they already know what they can and can't do. They won't bother you anymore but if they do, just come find me." Vaughn replies as his hypnotic green eyes study me in a way that makes my heart race dangerously. I nod my head slightly and start chewing on my bottom lip, unsure of what to respond.

"O-okay..." I manage to croak out, keeping my gaze fixed on him.

"We're living under the same roof, and you know where my bedroom is so it shouldn't be a problem for you." Vaughn deadpans, and heat spreads through me at his taunting words.

Then, he steps closer, eating up the remaining distance between us, and I take a few steps back until my back is pressed against the lockers. Fear and adrenaline course through my veins as Vaughn stops directly in front of me and brings both arms to either side of my head, caging me in to make sure I can't escape.

"Now tell me, what did he tell you?" Vaughn whispers harshly into my ear, and I shiver at his closeness. With nowhere to go, I swallow past the lump in my throat and keep my attention on him.

"Vaughn..." I breathe, and I'm unable to finish my sentence. Sucking in a deep breath, I drop my gaze to his chest and try to gather my thoughts.

Why can't I focus properly when I'm around him?

"Eyes on me, Nicole." Vaughn breathes, his commanding tone making me clench my legs together.

"H-he didn't tell me a-anything..." I somehow manage say before flicking my eyes to him, obeying his wish.