XII

*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚

I sat on a bench staring at the entrance to the bay in front of me. The day passed by us quickly, turning into night. I didn't leave my spot. Keeping my eyes on the door. Waiting for Mando's return. When the two sun's rose back up I woke up. Sitting up on the bench and returning my sights on the door.

The kid coo'd as he picked up a rock he found hidden beneath the sand surrounding us. Staring at it and tilting his head in curiosity. I happened to look down as he opened his small mouth, lifting the rock towards it. I quickly grabbed it out of his small hand and pulled away from him.

"Don't eat that. It's not food." I said before turning back to the door.

Saying I was worried about Mando was an understatement. I was absolutely terrified. Going with that wannabe bounty hunter to capture Fennec Shand. I trusted he could do it, probably one of the very few hunters who could. It's the kid I didn't trust.

"Staring at the door isn't going to make him come back faster." Peli spoke out as she tightened a few screws on the Razor Crest. I let out a deep breath, looking back down at the child as he reached his arms out. Asking me to pick him up. I grabbed him as he placed his small hand against my face. I figured he could sense the worry I felt.

"You gotta do something to keep yourself distracted." Peli added as she continued working on the ship.

I let out a scoff. Distract myself? Distract myself how? There was nothing on this planet I could go to and keep myself busy. I rolled the rock in my hand, the child watching closely as I did. Then, the dream I had returned to me.

"You got a speeder I can borrow?" I asked her as I stood up. Finally taking my sights away from the door. I picked up the kid and walked over to her.

Peli furrowed her brows, "What I had in mind actually was you helping with repairs." She said. I just stared at her. Not saying a word back. She took my intense stare as a demand and let out a deep sigh, "Garage three." she answered pointing the wrench across the room.

I looked over at the kid as he tilted his head to the side. His ears flopping down. I felt bad for leaving him but there was something I had to do. Something that wasn't sitting right with me and I needed to confirm.

I handed the child to Peli who grabbed him, looking slightly confused. "Watch him for me." I said before turning around. I walked quickly towards the open garage with a faded three above it. I ran up to the speeder parked inside. Throwing my leg over the seat, and leaning forward. I twisted my hands on the handles and the engine kicked on.

"If it gets damaged I'm adding it to your bill." I heard Peli yell as I sped off.

I was glad to see that I still knew the area like the back of my hand. Knowing which direction to turn so I didn't end up in a busy area. It gave me a sense of pride that helped wash away the uneasiness I was feeling. That despite me throwing away my past, it still never left me.