XVI

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Come on!" I yelled at the door, banging my fists against it like it was going to make a difference. I was in complete panic. It was obvious. I continue hitting the door causing my hands to go numb. I stopped and leaned my hands against it. Lowering myself down and staring at the floor in defeat.

"Did you bring your saber?" Mando asked thinking he had a plan.

"No!" I yelled as I pushed myself up and moved around the room, "I didn't because I didn't trust your friends." The irony in this whole situation. Now they're going to steal the Razor Crest where the child and my saber are hiding.

I walked over to the bench, and plopped onto it. Putting my hands over my face as I let out an annoyed groan. I could hear Mando move around in front of me, but I ignored it. Trust me. Trust me. This is where trust got me.

"You got to calm down. Its not going to help." He said.

I snapped my head up quickly, "Din, when the Republic gets here they're just going to keep this cell locked. They wont even have to lift a finger!"

"You done?" He asked as he kept his sights through the small windows of the cell door. I furrowed my brows as I watched closely. I could hear the footsteps of a security droid slowly pass by. Mando watched closely as it walked passed. Lifting his arm up towards the window.

Just as the footsteps began to pass he shot his grappling hook through the window, wrapping it around the droid. He turned as he pulled the wire over his shoulder. Using all his strength to force the droid against the other side of the door. The droid slowly lifted his arm up, aiming its blaster through the window.

Before it could shoot, Mando grabbed hold of the gun. Forcing the hand through the window fully. He struggled for a second as he broke it off. A black goopy substance dripping from the severed droid arm as it fell to the floor. Mando lifted the droids gun through the window and sent out a blast. Killing the droid outside.

I stood up quickly and walked over as he grabbed the arm on the floor. Twisting the end of it to reveal the key hidden under a metal plate. He placed it into the lock as it clicked a few times. I stared at the door as it slowly slid open. Mando's head turned to me as I embarrassingly kept my sights forward.

"I told you-"

"I swear Din, if any of that sentence contains the word trust, I'm locking you back in here." I snapped, cutting him off. I let out a deep sigh, turning my head to him, "But good job." I said quietly.

He let out a chuckle as I grabbed my blaster back out. We both walked out quickly. I didn't want to spend another second in this cell knowing our time was almost up.

"What's the plan?" I asked as we took a turn into one of the hallways.

"Get to the control room and grab that beacon. Give them a bit of a scare while you're at it. Then meet me back at the cell." He said as we made our way towards another hallway.