XVIII

A/N: Extra chapter this week since I'll be getting busy this month with work. Also very slight spicy chapter. And I mean slight. Please enjoy :)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As the night sky grew darker, we each found a spot to rest for the night. We sat by the trees surrounding the small light coming from the lamp in between us. Ahsoka stayed near the child as she watched him closely. Giving a sweet, soft smile before leaning back against her tree and closing her eyes. I questioned if she truly was falling asleep, or lived how I did. Eyes closed, but never falling into a deep sleep. Keeping yourself aware as much as possible in case of any danger.

I took a deep breath as I leaned against the tree, bringing my knee up towards my chest and leaning my arm against it. My hand picking at my nails in nervousness. Din slept quietly against the other side of the tree beside me. His helmet masking his silent breathing, but his chest rose slowly before falling back down. I just stared at the child as he slept. The random noises he made had question if he was dreaming.

I wondered what the child would become if Ahsoka agreed to train him. It was clear Grogu's attachment towards Din was strong, stronger than he was to me. That being the sole reason I refused to train him. The armorer calling us the enemy. If Grogu's attachment grew stronger, would it lead him down the same path as Devron? If we left him with Ahsoka would he just think we abandoned him? Letting that feeling fester inside his whole long life? Would he come after Din?

No. I can't dwell on what happened in the past. I can't focus on the future either. Focus on only the present and what tomorrow would bring. Except that feeling stayed with me. The advice Obi-wan gave me felt more and more like a warning the longer we were here. His padawan fell. My brother fell. Grogu could as well. If the child did fall to the dark side, that would put Din in danger. A danger I was scared I'd lose him in.

I felt my finger slowly become raw. Nervously picking at it as I fell deeper into my thoughts. I needed to clear my head. Get these thoughts out before they eat away at me. I can't be concerned. My job was to protect him and bring him to this point. From there he won't be a risk if he's trained properly. I'm not going to lose Din.

I pulled away from the tree and stood up. Taking a deep breath and moving away from the others. I just needed to be alone. Meditate and clear my mind. Let everything go and only allow the Force to flow within me. Not these negative thoughts. Only the Force. I was repeating it as I walked away. Finding a small creek by us. Even the water here looked depressing. I stared down at it, watching the little bit of water flow slowly down the bend ahead.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Remembering the mantra my father used to tell me.

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

How long had it been since I spoke those words. Allowed them to repeat in my head. For years I used my meditation time to clear my head, but now in this time I needed the Force to guide me. I needed to see clearly in whatever came a head. I needed to not be lost in the dark thoughts invading my mind, or else I would be lost as well.