X.I

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A/N: Hello there. Its been a while. I promise I didn't forget ya'll. First off thank you for all the love on this story and others. Its great to come back and see how much they've grown. Truth be told my life has gotten a bit busy. I've got a lot of changes happening and a big move coming up. So I haven't been able to keep up with writing as much as I wanted to. I didn't want to keep you all waiting so I'm giving a few updates when I can so you all don't have to wait so long. Thank you so much for letting me take a break and write ahead. <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

My heart pounded in my chest as I sat on the bench in the corridor of the ship. I could hear Cassian in the cockpit, typing in the coordinates to Tatooine. He was doing his best to keep me calm. I could hear him say some comforting words, but slowly it became silent.

My eyes were locked on to the lightsaber laying on the table in front of me. How I was able connect to her just by simply touching the metal hilt? How I was able to see her past, and how we were able to see each other now? Something I had never experienced before.

She was on Tatooine. She was looking for me. She was going to find my family.

As I stared at the lightsaber, I found myself wanting to see more. Did she find them? What was this power that connected us? When my fingers grazed the metal, I felt such a power of the Force I had never felt before.

It was powerful. I needed to know more. I needed this power.

"Amara!"

Cassian's voice sent a shock through my body. I jerked, and when I did my surroundings returned. I was no longer sitting on the bench, but now standing in front of the lightsaber. My hand only inches away from grabbing it again. I quickly pulled my hand back as I sucked in a breath. I took a few steps back slowly away from the table. When did I get up?

I turned towards Cassian and saw the look of fear and confusion he held. My chest began to tighten, and my breath became short and quick. I felt my body begin to shake. I could feel the fear begin to drown me. Fear for Mom and Dad. For Devron, who I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to. Fear for myself. I knew what joining the Rebellion would mean, but this...I never expected. The fear was suffocating me. Surrounding me like a tightly closed coffin.

"Cassian, I don't know what happened. I-" My voice cracked as the words fell short. Cassian stood at the door to the cockpit. His brows furrowed as he stared at me. I felt as if I was a child being caught by their parents. I told myself to keep my eyes towards Cassian, let him keep me distracted from everything but the lightsaber still called out to me. I wanted to see more.

Cassian rushed towards me and placed his hands on my face, forcing me to look back at him. I could feel the tears begin to well in my eyes. "Hey look at me. It's going to be okay." He said softly, "We'll be on Tatooine soon and you'll see for yourself."