XIX

When the Razorcrest landed on the remote area of Nevarro was when I felt a disturbance in the Force. The feeling once again felt far, but the strength of it was enough to make anyone uneasy. I stood at the door, waiting for it to drop as Mando took his place next to me. He turned to me, and as usual knew well enough when I was uneasy.

"What is it?" He asked as the others were still downstairs.

I shook my head keeping my sights forward, "Something isn't right."

Mando turned to me. His head tilting as I tried to steady my breathing. "I'll protect you. I promise." He said softly. I sucked in a deep breath when I turned to him.

I love you. I wanted to say it. The possibility that this job would go south made me feel like I had to say it. Like if I didn't now I wouldn't be able to later. Instead, I nodded my head softly. Turning back towards the door as Cara and Kuiil brought the blurrgs to us. I took my place onto mine as the others did as well. Looking ahead as the door opened slowly.

Greef stood a few feet ahead. A group of three standing behind him. As the blurrgs walked towards him I could see the bullet hole Mando left him was still on his vest. Surprised that Greef was able to survive it.

"Sorry for the remote rendezvous, Mando. But things have gotten complicated since you were last here." Greef said as he took a step forwards to us. He scanned the four of us. Our group doing the same to his.

"It appears introductions are in order. It seems we've both provided a security detail." Greef finally said. We stayed silent. Refusing to speak. Greef just nodded his head and rested his fists against his hips.

"I recommend the shock trooper guards the ship." He said as he pointed to Cara, "These lava fields are lousy with Jawas." He was scared of Cara. I'm sure from hearing stories of how deadly shock troopers could be. Cara kept her face stern. Not showing him one bit of emotion.

"She's coming with me." Mando answered sternly.

"But the town is now run by ex-Empire. If a Rebel Dropper is with us, they'll get their hackles up." Greef argued.

"She's coming." Mando repeated.

Greef brought his hands up defensively, "Fine. At least cover your tattoo. No need to flaunt it." He gave up trying to argue. His head turned to me. His eyes flicking up and down. Seeing the hood and mask covering my face. His eyes furrowed. "I'm guessing you're the bounty, Kirra." He called out, "I'm curious why the Empire would want you back alive."