VIII

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

When the creature finally left the town, all the residents began to fix anything that was destroyed. Vanth walked us through the town, explaining how the armor helped him protect the town. However, the creature was a krayt dragon, and no armor was going to help against something like that.

Vanth stopped his tour and turned to Din and I, "Help me kill it, I'll give you the armor." He spoke. Din turned to me, waiting to see what I thought. I shrugged my shoulders up, knowing what I thought held no weight. Getting the armor back was part of his creed. If he chose to go after the creature then of course I would help.

"Deal." Din said as he turned back to Vanth, "I'll ride back to the ship, blow it out of the sand from the sky. Use the bantha as bait."

"Not so simple. A ship passes above, it senses the vibrations. Stays underground." He paused before looking back at us, "But I know where it lives."

"How far?" I asked.

"Not far." Vanth answered simply.

The three of us hopped onto our speeders. As we traveled towards the dragon's home Vanth explained his time at Mos Pelgo. How the town had struggled since the second Death Star blew up. The same night the Mining Collective raided the town and killed a lot of the residents. He ran from the Mos Pelgo with just a canteen of silicax crystals. He wandered the desert for days. Slowly losing his strength each second he was under the sun.

"That's when I met Amara." Vanth said as he turned his head towards me. Giving me the usual prideful smile, he always held. I gave him a thinned lip smile. A chuckle escaped my lips as I kept my eyes ahead of us.

"It was after I left my home. I was wandering the desert as well; except I was a little more prepared then he was. I found him as he was on his last bit of life." I explained.

"I guess every once in a while, both suns shine on a womp rat's tail." Vanth replied, "but then she left me to the Jawa's."

I rolled my eyes hearing the small bit of his distain in his voice. "The sandcrawler was all you had left. I had to leave the planet, and I sure as hell wasn't going to take you with me."

It still worked out in the end for him. Somehow the Jawa's got ahold of the armor and traded it to him for the crystals. After he went back to the town and defeated the mining collective that had taken it over. It was good to see that the armor had gone to good use. Instead of what it was once used for.

The conversation fell short as Vanth guided us through the path within the canyons. A large growl echoed through the surrounding areas as Vanth brought his hands up to advise we stop. Din slowed his speed and the two of us quickly hopped off. Drawing our weapons out and taking cover behind our ride.

We kneeled silently as the growling continued. Our focus stayed on the path ahead. Waiting for whatever creature was lurking to pop out. With one last echoing growl as a massiff emerged from the tall rocky wall ahead of us. The small reptilian creature moved slowly, and its big eyes focused on us before it opened its large mouth. Another growl escaping out as it showed its large, pointed teeth.